The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Spare wheel kit - spare parts (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310974)

Swordy 9th February 2021 13:32

Spare wheel kit - spare parts

Hello all,
I'm looking to fully stock the spare wheel kit in my saloon.
There are lots of empty indents in the holder.
(I have jack and ppd Jack handle, tow eye and wheel nut crank)

Has anyone got a picture of a fully equipped one?

I do need a No12 locking wheel nut key

I'm guessing it's a screwdriver, alloy centre cap lever, jacking pad, wheel chock blocks....
Anything else??

Cheers

Paul

suzublu 9th February 2021 14:58

Bulb sets were also supplied 👍

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

BRG75 9th February 2021 16:14

I suspect that the hardest to find item is the emergency cranked allen key. which was supplied with all cars fitted with the optional sun roof.

I eventually managed to buy one from a breakers yard, who had one in a complete set.

The screwdriver wasn't included in the early kits. It's place was taken by small indents to hold the wheel nuts, when changing a punctured wheel.

SD1too 9th February 2021 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2864405)
I suspect that the hardest to find item is the emergency cranked allen key. which was supplied with all cars fitted with the optional sun roof.

My car's got a sunroof Mike so does that mean that I should have an Allen key? I'm almost certain that i don't!

Simon

Swordy 9th February 2021 17:29

Sunroof Allen key

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2864405)

I eventually managed to buy one from a breakers yard, who had one in a complete set.

The screwdriver wasn't included in the early kits. It's place was taken by small indents to hold the wheel nuts, when changing a punctured wheel.

Thanks for that, that's great info, I have 3 with sunroofs so that's definitely one to add to the list.
Have you got a picture of it...if it's not marked I wonder if a correct sized Allen key could be purchased?
Cheers
Paul

Swordy 9th February 2021 17:34

Elusive as

Maybe this Allen key is as elusive as the plastic valet keys??!

A friend bought a 75 on my recommendation and it had a spare blue plastic valet key!
I'd never seen one before then.

macafee2 9th February 2021 19:40

unless I am misunderstanding the jacking pads are a semi permanent fixture to the underside of the car.

As for the chock, I don't think a bulb set and chock will fit on top of each other in the polystyrene insert.

macafee2

BRG75 10th February 2021 09:43

The tool consists of maybe a 3/16" dia. round bar, about 6" long, and bent downwards at a right angle, for a 1" odd winding handle at one end.
The other end has a similar right angle, going upwards with a 4mm Alan Key permanently fitted into it.

Access (I think) is by removing the front interior light lense.

Not difficult to fabricate.

I assume that this was part of the sunroof option.

Photo after learning how to post a photo, and getting it out of the boot, in a garage with the front door blocked by snow.

4mm size confirmed, as I have a spare s/h roof motor in front of me, as I write.

SD1too 10th February 2021 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2864539)
I assume that this was part of the sunroof option.

Hi Mike,

RAVE's drawing shows a manual drive socket and mentions using "a suitable tool" for emergency use by removing the interior light lens. That seems to imply that it wasn't an official part. Could a previous owner of your car have obtained the tool you've found? As I posted earlier, my car has a sunroof but no emergency tool. Thanks for raising this as I now plan to get one!

Simon

BRG75 10th February 2021 13:47

Simon,

Very interesting what you’ve found on Rave.

I can’t recall where I first found out about this tool, but I’m sure that I read it somewhere, maybe an in-depth review of the 75, in a magazine.
I can’t find any reference in Owner’s Handbooks, Haynes etc.

However, the one that I bought came from a car breakers yard, who were advertising (on ebay) an unopened tool kit. There in the photo was the tool, clearly inside the plastic wrapping that Rover used.

Not only would they not consider selling just the sun roof tool, but wanted £50 odd pounds, for the whole tool kit. After about 6 months, with it still unsold, they relented.
I seem to think I paid £20, saying that they could likely get £30 for the rest of it, which although still a tad high, was much closer to reality.

So the mystery deepens. Could it have been introduced after Rave was written, or dropped so early on, that it never made it onto Rave.

As an aside, I bought a Rave disc, from Rimmers, but have never been able to open it, other than to watch the demonstration section. I understand that my Adobe is not compatible.

Mike