The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why? no seat belt warning light (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=100610)

Jim Jamieson 21st December 2011 09:54

Why? no seat belt warning light

I could never understand Rover as to why with the current seat belt laws they never fitted seat belt warning lights to so many of their models. They were fitted to the early Metros but both My SD1 and 75's do not have such a warning light. With the plethora of warning lights available why not this one.
Even the humble Hyundai Getz I had as a runabout on holiday had a seat belt warning light.

JYJ

pab 21st December 2011 10:12

Seat belt warning light was enabled for the European market.The seat belt pre tensioners have a switch fitted to them that will plug into a vacant connector under the seat,if you have the plug.

Pre tensioners come up on eBay rarely,if you can manage to source them they are plug and play and no T4 activation is required.

sikelsh 21st December 2011 10:15

I like this feature :)

Rover must have decided to treat people like they have some intelligence unlike the French boxes.

I always wear my seat belt, but if I am moving the car around on the caravan site, or just on the drive, I really dont need a constant beep to tell me to do something.

So I say good on ya Rover :)

Simon

Dominic22 21st December 2011 10:20

I have it on my Jap spec 75. When I got this one it was not working. Just mentioned it to Nick at Austin Garages and he looked and it had been unplugged. The guess being the owner did not like the light either

bartandrose 21st December 2011 10:26

probably because they would have used ( word removed - circumvented swear filter) connectors and like the airbag lights they would always be on

guru 21st December 2011 11:27

I can't stand the constant beeps you get in Fords etc if you don't put your seat belt on. When parking or driving round camp sites etc I might not have my belt on but I don't need the car to keep reminding me of that!

I have the intelligence to put it on when driving normally like most folk do!

Jack of hearts 21st December 2011 11:37

I'd only disconnect it anyway. ****** annoying things

suffolk boy 21st December 2011 11:38

while i am sure most people where a belt the police still manage to find loads who dont.i put mine on thro habit and no they where not required when i learnt to drive.a little reminder would be nice but i dont have the connector:icon_frown:

stocktake 21st December 2011 12:03

if you do find one, they are plug and play and it is just a light, no warning sound to annoy anyone, just a polite light to remind you, cannot be a bad thing :)

pab 21st December 2011 12:12

Just a single warning light,unoffensive..Finishes off the IPK in my opinion for what it entailed it should have been fitted anyway.