The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   i'm 14 years old should i swap my rover for mg (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=270359)

ROVER2003 12th July 2017 21:21

i'm 14 years old should i swap my rover for mg

what should i do i could swap for a mg zt a bit more sporty or keep my rover:shrug:

Rooney 12th July 2017 21:22

I think you should swap it for a really good mountain bike.

There'll be plenty of time for cars when you're old enough to drive one :)

ROVER2003 12th July 2017 21:24

i like cars more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney (Post 2517304)
I think you should swap it for a really good mountain bike.

There'll be plenty of time for cars when you're old enough to drive one :)

i love cars more then bikes

Rooney 12th July 2017 21:37

Then have a chat with your parents and do what you they advise.

I wouldn't allow my kids to have a working car until they had a license but I let them learn how to fix broken ones when they were your age.

Read, learn, educate.

ROVER2003 12th July 2017 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney (Post 2517309)
Then have a chat with your parents and do what you they advise.

I wouldn't allow my kids to have a working car until they had a license but I let them learn how to fix broken ones when they were your age.

Read, learn, educate.

i been driving for 4 year on roads that my friend owns i have a mini, mgf and a rover 75 and a 11 motorbikes:flame:

The Rovering Member 12th July 2017 21:51

Rover all the way. You can add an MG later in life.

Rooney 12th July 2017 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER2003 (Post 2517311)
i been driving for 4 year on roads that my friend owns i have a mini, mgf and a rover 75 and a 11 motorbikes:flame:

Then you really need to have a word with your parents.

Oh and by the way, it's not always smart to aim a gun at an Irishman ;)

Enjoy the car.

ROVER2003 13th July 2017 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney (Post 2517316)
Then you really need to have a word with your parents.

Oh and by the way, it's not always smart to aim a gun at an Irishman ;)

Enjoy the car.

and its not good to say a yorkshire person should get a mountain bike

roverbarmy 13th July 2017 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney (Post 2517309)

Read, learn, educate.

I was driving at seven and had been "steering" and changing gear sat on dad's lap from around four or five. I stripped and rebuilt a Ford Popular at 13, sold it and did another one by fifteen. I passed my driving test three weeks after my birthday and drove myself to school! The following Saturday, I was delivering with a three ton lorry!:shrug:

To OP. Keep the Rover!

Rooney 13th July 2017 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2517389)
I was driving at seven and had been "steering" and changing gear sat on dad's lap from around four or five.

With respect how old are you now?

I think the days of parents allowing really young minors to sit on their lap whilst driving, even on private land are thankfully long gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2517389)
I stripped and rebuilt a Ford Popular at 13, sold it and did another one by fifteen. I passed my driving test three weeks after my birthday and drove myself to school!

That's to be commended, it's what I suggested the OP did, and it's exactly what I did with my sons. The youngest passed his test two days after his 17th birthday. He could rebuild an engine at 15.