The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Now the nights have drawn in (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308515)

macafee2 11th October 2020 20:00

Now the nights have drawn in

Now the nights have drawn in I seem to be feeling tired much earlier.
Just been to put the bins out for tomorrow as its bin day and my goodness it's dark. We don't have street lights, almost no light from houses but then the light would be coming through curtains and would not reach the road.
If you don't know there are cows in the field next door and one coughs, scary.

macafee2

trikey 11th October 2020 20:11

We are the same, no street lights, only one house next door, when its dark.. its dark, and yes, when the cows are in the field the noise can be disturbing.

It runs 11th October 2020 20:28

We have very little lighting aswel . And it's really odd being in the hot tub early evening in the dark

planenut 11th October 2020 20:37

I live in a masonette and I can hear a cow next door!

baxlin 11th October 2020 21:46

Oh dear, odds on it’ll be dark even earlier on Wednesday evening when I have to put our bins out!

VVC-Geeza 12th October 2020 16:14

All made much worse by the outdated ritual of messing with the clocks :(

Steamdrivenandy 12th October 2020 16:34

A hot tub in Skelmersdale, you'll be telling me they've got indoor plumbing next.

macafee2 12th October 2020 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2841977)
All made much worse by the outdated ritual of messing with the clocks :(

why is it out of date?

macafee2

Azur 12th October 2020 17:46

Do you know it is a privelage to have such comfortness of space around you that you hardly see any houses in the dark in this overcrowded world? In Holland we almost do not have any space left where it is really dark. There are people who hardly have ever seen the stars just because of the light polution. Some towns have a yearly "night of the night" where they turn off all the streetlights etc. It is a festivety, really.

But yes, less light: less energy, more tired. And the opposite, we just came back from 2 weeks sunshine in France, way more energy. Thinking of moving again...

VVC-Geeza 12th October 2020 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2841985)
why is it out of date?

macafee2

The vast majority of people I have ever spoken to or heard speak on the matter would prefer the extra daylight at the end of the day.Most aren't even aware why we do this. Scottish farmers,safety of school children in the mornings - bonfire night. Who knows.I believe if the public were asked to vote on it they would overwhelmingly ask for the clocks to be left alone.