The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Trebor... likes a bit of polish. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61082)

Raistlin 22nd May 2010 15:46

Trebor... likes a bit of polish.

I'd like to say a big thank you again to Trebor (Rob) who just spent several hours on the hottest day of the year so far bringing VeeKay back up to her sparkling best :D

Cheers mate, she looks terrific. :bowdown:

I have to say that I found it extremely tiring sitting there in the sun watching all the work being done ;)

Thanks also for giving me a hand with a "five minute job" which eventually took well over an hour as well. the rain sensor / mirror cowling is just NOT the easiest thing to re-fit, as we discovered today. WHAT a dog's breakfast of a design :mad:

calibrax 22nd May 2010 15:58

I thought you weren't supposed to polish/wax a car in direct sunlight?

windrush 22nd May 2010 16:19

Knowing Rob I bet that he found a bit of shade

Although there are some polishes that can be used in direct sunlight dont ask me which ones though

stocktake 22nd May 2010 16:21

Said he quite likes the Greeks and Portugese as well, wiat until his mrs finds out :D

trebor 22nd May 2010 16:30

You are more than welcome Paul

I didnt get the udm polisher out because of the sun, but pre washed, snowfoamed, washed and waxed with Collinite which went on a treat a few panels at a time and then rub off, treated tyres and black trim, cleaned windows, inside of car

chrissyboy 22nd May 2010 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin (Post 527962)
I'd like to say a big thank you again to Trebor (Rob) who just spent several hours on the hottest day of the year so far bringing VeeKay back up to her sparkling best :D

Cheers mate, she looks terrific. :bowdown:

I have to say that I found it extremely tiring sitting there in the sun watching all the work being done ;)

Thanks also for giving me a hand with a "five minute job" which eventually took well over an hour as well. the rain sensor / mirror cowling is just NOT the easiest thing to re-fit, as we discovered today. WHAT a dog's breakfast of a design :mad:

oh polish (wax ) i thought the post was gonna be about women from poland:D;):getmecoat:

baconbuttyman 22nd May 2010 19:35

:wantpics:

JohnDotCom 22nd May 2010 20:27

I do hope you were not meant to clean your cars for this Nano meet as it's a working/fixing session.
Mine does/will look like a dogs dinner but please bear in mind it is a works vehicle at the present time.

Raistlin 22nd May 2010 20:32

Nothing of the sort John.

Rob just can't stand the state VeeKay gets into ;)

pab 22nd May 2010 21:38

i can sympathize with the mirror cowling...when you think it is correctly positioned,it falls off