The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Chatsworth Tourer Project for someone? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307208)

clf 14th August 2020 21:04

Chatsworth Tourer Project for someone?

Nothing to do with me, but I know a few people like a Chatsworth.

Auto low mile diesel (MOT failure though) with Vortexes on it. :shrug:

Looks like it needs the front end sorted (or has been hit), but it is relatively cheap when you think of it as a package (wheels, colour, mileage etc)

LINK

Sonic ZS 14th August 2020 21:44

I think they're the more common 17" Starspokes ;)

Could make a nice car with some TLC though :}

clf 14th August 2020 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2831134)
I think they're the more common 17" Starspokes ;)

Could make a nice car with some TLC though :}

I thought they were 17s, but always thought both 17 and 18s were called vortexes (vortices? lol)

Rick-sta 14th August 2020 23:02

the 17inch 5 spoke ones (with the little spokes between) are star spokes, the 18inch ones with 6 spokes (again with little spokes between) are vortexs. Star spokes are common, vortexs are rare :)

Well spotted that the car is chatsworth, at a quick glance I would have thought it was just grey in those pics.

coolguy 15th August 2020 09:47

Shame I am not nearer - would be a great pairing with my Chatsworth ZT, and I even have a set of refurbed Starspokes which are waiting to go on my Contemporary, but could have been diverted.

rrobson 15th August 2020 14:39

I was quite tempted for this, however it’s overpriced for the work required, and possibly a cat c? According to the monogram facebook group it is anyway.
Besides, I don’t think I could bring myself to scrap another chatsworth tourer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRWMGTF 15th August 2020 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrobson (Post 2831271)
I was quite tempted for this, however it’s overpriced for the work required, and possibly a cat c? According to the monogram facebook group it is anyway.
Besides, I don’t think I could bring myself to scrap another chatsworth tourer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a Category C

“Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Diesel 2004. In good condition for year,in a lovely Bronze colour which looks green sometimes depending on viewing angle / Sun...... a very good looking car, with a beautiful beige leather interior, which is in very good condition. Power windows, mirrors, sunroof, seats(heated) all working as they should. There are minor dings and age related marks on. BMW engine / trans starts, runs and changes smoothly and was used daily until MOT fail last December, see refusal notice pic The car was a category C write off in 2011 but long since been back on the road. Repairs and advisories as indicated on MOT but well worth a look..Air con needs a charge and the steering controls, radio, cruise etc are not connected.Parking sensors giving a an audible warning when ignition is first turned on, but then they go off.”

myfirstrover 15th August 2020 20:51

mmm, local to me , get thee behind me Satan !

myfirstrover 17th August 2020 12:31

Had a look at this car this morning , needs a lot of work to make it A1, rust bubbles on the bonnet , N/S cill , rear N/S wheel arch , paint scratches around the body and front bumper , wheels definitely need a refurb , looks like a MOT failure on the rear subframe and the rear arms don't look too clever , the passenger side carpet was soaking wet front and rear . On the plus side it started easily and ran well and at 81k the engine is barely run in , the interior was tidy enough but could do with a good clean , if you could do the work yourself there is nothing here to be scared of , BUT if you had to pay someone to do it, it could get expensive , the MOT expired in November 2019 so factor that in ,if it wasn't for the rare colour it would be worth a couple of hundred quid ?

rrobson 17th August 2020 15:29

Nice heads up for folk

I remember trying to sell mine, overall it was almost certainly in better condition than that one but needed a Passenger sill repair, front suspension overhaul, a full drivers respray And it was a v6 with 130odd thou on it. Best offer I got was 400 and it wasn’t a write off. Think at £700 it’s well above what it should be worth, even given it’s one of about 20 tourers. If it wasn’t a write off I think £500 would be as much as it should be worth in its current state.