The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Vaccination-good news. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310436)

mileshawk56 12th January 2021 10:46

Vaccination-good news.

Im 84 yold-Got a message on my mobile frim the GP surgery telling me to book my jab. As I dont have a iPhone or similar the link wouldnt work. Any way the good news is I have an appt. for 8.40.a.m. Friday 15th January at my GP which is 5 minutes walk. Just waiting for a contact about my wife 81yold. She has COPD but they must be doing it by age, makes sense because its simple. Chris.S.

actros 12th January 2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2859130)
Im 84 yold-Got a message on my mobile frim the GP surgery telling me to book my jab. As I dont have a iPhone or similar the link wouldnt work. Any way the good news is I have an appt. for 8.40.a.m. Friday 15th January at my GP which is 5 minutes walk. Just waiting for a contact about my wife 81yold. She has COPD but they must be doing it by age, makes sense because its simple. Chris.S.

Had mine on Saturday no side effects

Steamdrivenandy 12th January 2021 11:21

That is good news Chris.

As to the progression through the age ranks etc, I guess there will be variations throughout the country depending on how many doses are doled out to each place that's doing vaccinations and the numbers and age profiles etc that they have to deal with.

I know that Mrs SDA's best friend, who has cancer and is 55, has been put in the same vaccine category as me at age 73.

stocktake 12th January 2021 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 2859134)
Had mine on Saturday no side afects

Still a grumpy old beggar then? :D

stevestrat 12th January 2021 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mileshawk56 (Post 2859130)
She has COPD but they must be doing it by age, makes sense because its simple. Chris.S.

Supposed to be age and underlying conditions. I have no idea what category I'm in as there's no clue how the underlying conditions (of which I have several!) affect it.

Steamdrivenandy 12th January 2021 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevestrat (Post 2859142)
Supposed to be age and underlying conditions. I have no idea what category I'm in as there's no clue how the underlying conditions (of which I have several!) affect it.

These conditions things seem a bit hit and miss.

Mrs SDA got a shielding letter in Lockdown 1 and the only reason we could think she got it was because she had a lung problem which resolved itself 12 years before.

On the other hand, me, with just one, rather dodgy, kidney and a 'stiff' heart never heard a thing.

bl52krz 12th January 2021 21:30

I had my jab Sunday afternoon. No side effects so far.

genpk 13th January 2021 09:27

i see the news over your way every day and geez you guys are doing it tough there.
You guys are tough and will see this virus out, it will disappear eventually.
We all hope things will get better soon for you guys with the vacine and change in seasons hopefully will slow it down.

Terryf 13th January 2021 09:39

My wife 84 with asthma had hers last Thursday, me 87 with no problems had mine this morning.
It reminded me of the days of polio in 50/60s, when we all queued up for the jab. Don't remember any appointments we just turned up and got the jab. Don't think they even took our names.
Terry

stevestrat 13th January 2021 10:16

Wouldn't be happy to be offered the Chinese vaccine. Trial in Brasil showed it to be only 50.4% effective That's not a vaccination its a lottery!