The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Heater Matrix Pipe Clips (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310452)

planenut 13th January 2021 09:50

Heater Matrix Pipe Clips

Getting the matrix and pipe clips off was not too bad but trying to fix them back is a nightmare. I am struggling to keep them lined up and get the grip to tighten the screws. If anybody has found a decent way to overcome this please enilghten me? This is all apart from the reminders of my days in the circus as a contortionist.

vitesse 13th January 2021 10:01

Heard of others giving up, cutting the rounded end off the pipes and fitting a standard heater hose with jubilee clips.

Regards

planenut 13th January 2021 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2859334)
Heard of others giving up, cutting the rounded end off the pipes and fitting a standard heater hose with jubilee clips.

Regards

Hmm, that may solve it. I will be having another go when the weather improves.

T-Cut 13th January 2021 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2859337)
I will be having another go when the weather improves.

If you manage to do it, you really should take photos and write up a HowTo. Very few members seem to have any luck with this particular job.

TC

trikey 13th January 2021 12:19

Do not cut the pipes off and fit hoses, this ends in disaster in 99% of cases, the ‘simple’ way to connect the pipes back together is an extra hand!

Get a volunteer to hold the rh side pipe while you manoeuvre the lh pipe and put the clip on.

planenut 13th January 2021 15:19

Luckily now got one done, but it will be disappointing to find any leaks when I finally get to put the coolant in again.

patrolman pete 13th January 2021 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2859375)
Do not cut the pipes off and fit hoses, this ends in disaster in 99% of cases, the ‘simple’ way to connect the pipes back together is an extra hand!

Get a volunteer to hold the rh side pipe while you manoeuvre the lh pipe and put the clip on.

My mate Kev bought a lovely ZTT 190 a few years back and some bodger had done this very fix ! He found out when the pipe blew off and badly scalded his left foot ! :mad:

Number 6 13th January 2021 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2859331)
Getting the matrix and pipe clips off was not too bad but trying to fix them back is a nightmare. I am struggling to keep them lined up and get the grip to tighten the screws. If anybody has found a decent way to overcome this please enilghten me? This is all apart from the reminders of my days in the circus as a contortionist.

Make sure you do get it right , I had the same problem of getting the clips back on, thought I had and proceeded to top the water up after about 8 pints of water I guessed something was wrong, which it was the footwell was full of water. Had to do it all again. So be aware.;);)

planenut 13th January 2021 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2859473)
Make sure you do get it right , I had the same problem of getting the clips back on, thought I had and proceeded to top the water up after about 8 pints of water I guessed something was wrong, which it was the footwell was full of water. Had to do it all again. So be aware.;);)

Thanks for that, I will watch that.

COLVERT 14th January 2021 19:27

How about using a plumbing straight connector with olives.

Can stand ,easily, the heat and pressure of a central heating system.--:shrug:

Never seen it mentioned on here but would be like bread and butter to a plumber.----:D