The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Parking tickets cash cow. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317250)

Lancpudn 14th January 2022 10:31

Parking tickets cash cow.

Blimey! 22,000 parking tickets are issued every single day to British motorist :eek:

"Companies issued four million tickets to British motorists between April and September 2021":eek: https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/car...ckets-a-minute

SCP440 14th January 2022 13:19

The problem is some people regard a parking ticket as just the cost of parking, one of my customers reckons it is more cost effective to pay a parking fine than spend the time trying to find a parking space.:eek:

VVC-Geeza 14th January 2022 13:20

Some are well deserved,there are some VERY inconsiderate people out there.

SCP440 14th January 2022 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2916375)
Some are well deserved,there are some VERY inconsiderate people out there.

I agree but there are a lot of very over zealous traffic wardens, I caught one looking at the wheels of my van to see if it was over the white lines in a loading bay, another gave me a ticket in a 20 minuite zone and I know I was less than 20 mins as I had received a message on my phone when I parked and it had only been 15 mins.

The problem is because you can pay half the cost of the fine if you pay it immediatly they are counting on the fact that a lot of people will just pay up.

Then you see the Mothers picking up there precious little ones parking in any place that there vehicle will fit and there is no traffic warden in sight, one road near me is best avoided near school closing time because of the chaos around that time. Are Children not aloud to cycle or walk to school any more?

stocktake 14th January 2022 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2916357)
Blimey! 22,000 parking tickets are issued every single day to British motorist :eek:

[/url]

Bet he is a bit fed up :smilie_re::getmecoat:

MSS 14th January 2022 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2916357)

"Companies issued four million tickets to British motorists between April and September 2021":eek: https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/car...ckets-a-minute

That's not a lot. The traffic wardens need to up their game! :D

macafee2 14th January 2022 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCP440 (Post 2916382)
I agree but there are a lot of very over zealous traffic wardens, I caught one looking at the wheels of my van to see if it was over the white lines in a loading bay, another gave me a ticket in a 20 minuite zone and I know I was less than 20 mins as I had received a message on my phone when I parked and it had only been 15 mins.

The problem is because you can pay half the cost of the fine if you pay it immediatly they are counting on the fact that a lot of people will just pay up.

Then you see the Mothers picking up there precious little ones parking in any place that there vehicle will fit and there is no traffic warden in sight, one road near me is best avoided near school closing time because of the chaos around that time. Are Children not aloud to cycle or walk to school any more?

Far to dangerous to cycle on the roads, to many inconsiderate drivers :)

macafee2

VVC-Geeza 14th January 2022 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2916400)
Far to dangerous to cycle on the roads, to many inconsiderate drivers :)

macafee2

Agreed Ian,but also quite a few arrogant selfish cyclists out there who think they own the road.My biggest problem with them is when they don't display lights at night,or sometimes just a front or rear.Utter madness if you enjoy being alive!

jim_k 14th January 2022 19:25

When local councils sold on the traffic enforcement contracts to private operators the principles changed. Traffic wardens should in my view ensure people park safely and do not obstruct traffic flow or access. If you have not paid for a ticket that's fair game. However increasingly its become about generated money over pedantic rule enforcement. I've seen traffic wardens operating late at night along near deserted Streets ticketing. People not causing any obstruction or problem who might have parked to pick up someone are not fair game. Greed is the motive these day

mileshawk56 15th January 2022 11:00

I got a ticket when trying to access a meter controlled parking bay ?? How is that you ask? There was a space but it would mean me parking inches behind the next car, so I entered the space and got out to see if I did this the car in front had enough space between his front and the next cars rear to get out. There wasnt so I drove off and went home. How did I get a ticket? I had stopped in a "red route" and there was a picture to prove it. I didnt pay and on Christmas eve got a very grudging reply cancelling it Always appeal what ever. Chris.S.