The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

NickC 20th August 2019 21:25

job well done.. I did mine too but now doors are squeeking.. Any suggestions for a cure?

trikey 20th August 2019 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 2756420)
job well done.. I did mine too but now doors are squeeking.. Any suggestions for a cure?

Hinge or retaining strap?

NickC 20th August 2019 21:29

hinge I think but cant be sure.

trikey 20th August 2019 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 2756422)
hinge I think but cant be sure.

Door off, a good clean up then a dab of grease before refitting then ;)

NickC 20th August 2019 21:33

Does it need the door off? seems a bit excessive!! and is it an easy job? would just a dab of grease work with the door in situ? Thanks

trikey 20th August 2019 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 2756427)
Does it need the door off? seems a bit excessive!! and is it an easy job? would just a dab of grease work with the door in situ? Thanks

The grease might work its way in with the door in place, if you remove the door you can check the condition of the hinge pins while its off (I have seen some showing signs of wear due to age)

roverbarmy 20th August 2019 22:13

I remember hinges with grease nipples! Rimmers have hinges on sale if you need to change them. I tend to use the white spray grease which is very searching as it seems to be in a carrier spray that is quite liquid until it dries out.

Tenesmus 20th August 2019 23:32

Today I fitted the 6 CD changer back into the boot that I took out 3 or 4 years ago due to rain getting in it, carefully covering it in plastic.

So it says MP3 on it, will it play MP3s? Also, on the bottom there's a cutout that says A to D (or D to A, can't remember), what's it for?

Rich in Vancouver 21st August 2019 03:10

I don't know if it is available in the UK but the best lubricant I have found for hinges is a US product called Tri-Flow. It is a penetrating oil containing Teflon. The oil wicks it in then leaves a layer of Teflon behind-Very Effective!

As for ZTs being appreciated overseas, mine certainly is! It is going in for a clutch change next week as the throwout bearing/slave is making noises. I just got a notice from UPS that the parts from Rimmers will arrive on Thursday. Typically good service, they were ordered on Sunday.
It will be good to have it sorted as traffic has been very slow and heavy lately. Every time I am in stop and go traffic going over a bridge or through a tunnel I have my fingers crossed that the thing won't fall apart. :eek:

grout20 21st August 2019 19:30

Full chrome grill

1 Attachment(s)
Fitted a nice shiny full chrome grill :cool:

Looks great but it did remind me I want to polish up those headlights! My 3M polishing kit has been in the garage for about 2 years so perhaps the grill will finally get me to use it! :D

A quick word of thanks to JennyN and PeterH for the component parts of the grill, and Paul (Reebs) for almost buying the grill before letting me have it! :bowdown:

Happy Roving, all

John