The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

stevenkeyte 25th September 2021 13:40

Fitted new VIS motors, kindly supplied by stocktake, took about twenty minutes from start to finish, luckily, the balance valve was free and didn't need any fettling

FrattonEnder 5th October 2021 08:56

MOT sorted for another year!
Bit of a route to get it though.

Failed on Friday with knackered front drop links and a fuel leak from the tank. Thought the worst and so did the garage.
All change on Monday. Drop links sorted and the tank leak was the big knurled ring that holds the fuel pump gubbins in place was loose. Evertime I went over a speedbump or cornered a little 'too vigourously' (it's an MG, it's supposed to!) then some of Esso's finest diesel ended up on the road. I know the previous owner had changed the pump, so I guess the 'big white plasticky bit' hadn't seated properly in the tank when he screwed the ring down and had finally settled during the last 18 months.
Only advisory was the front pads were heading towards minimum. That's one for next year and hopefully I can do that myself.
Been an expensive 2021 for the old girl and the other two on the drive. Roll on a cheaper 2022!

Andy24601 5th October 2021 18:30

Hand brake

I adjusted the handbrake on my 2.5 auto. Rather than try and get at the screw adjuster through the hole in the brake disc hub, I took the calliper and brake disc off. This was a relatively straightforward task; undo the two 13mm bolts that hold the calliper on and then slide it off the brake disc. Then undo the torx screw that holds the brake disc in place. Slide the the brake disc/hub off the handbrake shoes. wind the adjuster out and repeatedly trial fit the hub back over the brake shoes. Once the brake disc/hub fits with the minimum of turning 'drag', put the whole lot back together. Repeat for the other side.
Obviously all of this was made easier by the fact I'd had to replace everything (back plate, shoes, disc et al) 18 months ago as it was a rusting, seized, disgusting mess.

Herbert75 5th October 2021 19:02

I will be out bright n early to clean my 75 conn in th morning weather permitting of course has any member got any mats for the 75 either logo or number in grey in exchange for or money thx mark

Rich in Vancouver 5th October 2021 23:59

My new ZT-T is now in the garage. :)
On Saturday we used the F-150 to pull the remains of the wrecked ZT
out of the garage and up the slope to the street then rolled it down the hill onto the trailer. Happily it went on first try. :bowdown:
It's now gone on to it's final resting place at my mate Jeff's house where it can be used as a source of parts for us both.
Now to do a bit of work on the ZT-T to get it ready for our Provincial safety check. Hopefully it will be on the road late next week.:driving:

[IMG]https://images2.imgbox.com/73/08/0pVwny6F_o.jpg[/IMG]

maxi_crawf 7th October 2021 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2902541)
out of the garage and up the slope to the street then rolled it down the hill onto the trailer. Happily it went on first try. :bowdown:
It's now gone on to it's final resting place at my mate Jeff's house where it can be used as a source of parts for us both.
Now to do a bit of work on the ZT-T to get it ready for our Provincial safety check. Hopefully it will be on the road late next week.:driving:

Hello Rich,
How is the ZT-T coming along?

Rich in Vancouver 8th October 2021 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2902769)
Hello Rich,
How is the ZT-T coming along?

The ZT-t is actually in great shape. It only needs a few minor tweaks to be tested. Handbrake adjustment, Daytime running lights activated via TOAF, side reflectors mounted (done using adhesive reflectors that may well fall off after the test) and that's about it.
I also want to give it a good clay and a couple of coats of wax.
This winter my plan is to do the belts and associated bits, have Rick replace the IPK screen and I will swap over the drilled and slotted rotors from the ZT along with the LED bulbs I installed on the ZT a couple of weeks before the accident.
The car would have been tested by now but I am in the middle of a major bathroom renovation. We poured concrete yesterday, insulated walls today, drywall tomorrow then the tile-setter can do his thing and I can play with my car. :D

Ched 9th October 2021 20:54

On my V8 I have had the airbag warning light on since I bought her, together with a terrible handbrake.
At the Frimley breakfast meet Andy with his t4 identified that both airbag connectors on the drivers seat were the cause of the light on.
I used a contact cleaner on them but still the light remained on.
Today I decided to remove both front seats and sort the problem out and also sort the terrible handbrake out.
Out came the drivers seat and the wiring rerouted, then the passenger seat bolts were removed and the seat tilted back, to my surprise the wiring to one plug was completely severed, so the pins were removed and the wires soldered to them then refitted.
Onto the handbrake I decided I was going to replace the adjuster with the mini cable, however, looking at it, it already had the modded one fitted with the shackle.
If Id looked at the cable adjuster first Id have saved quite some time, there was about 10 mm of thread showing, it was wound down to 22mm and it held the car, I ended up winding it back to about 18 mm as it was binding, a road test confirmed it working as it should, but it still needs to be wound back a little more as it binds.
The seats were put back and connected up, battery reconnected and the ign switched on, success at last, the airbag light went out, so happy days, now to get her motd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saga Lout 9th October 2021 21:29

Tempted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver (Post 2902541)

It's a big task but I'd be thinking of mending that, there's shells and parts right now that could give you the car back. It's never down to money when love is involved.

FLYING BANANA 9th October 2021 22:13

Took the V8 out for a run, and came back via the petrol station for some go go juice.