The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Abandoned Rovers! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294918)

Lancpudn 14th April 2019 15:09

Abandoned Rovers!

Rover dealership in Bristol with what looks like abandoned Rover models!!!

Number 6 14th April 2019 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2726643)
Rover dealership in Bristol with what looks like abandoned Rover models!!!

I do believe this is Hursley Hill garage, He has various 75 in there with delivery mileage on them. But he is ASKING TOP BOOK prices for them, I even think he has a V 8 in there as well ...I t appears that he is not bothered if he sells them or not.:shrug:

It has been mentioned many times on here.

victorgte 14th April 2019 17:58

That’s not a business. It’s a bunch of deluded fools gambling on the possible upturn on demand and prices of Rover cars. The cars are probably or very close to being beyond restoration.
There is a man who lives near to me that uses cars until they break then parks them for 10 or more years always insisting he will repair them.
Periodically a lorry and grabber turns up to clear his front garden.

Imagine the work required on steering, suspension, tyres and hoses to mention just a few areas of restoration. Does not add up at all.

Lancpudn 14th April 2019 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2726699)
That’s not a business. It’s a bunch of deluded fools gambling on the possible upturn on demand and prices of Rover cars. The cars are probably or very close to being beyond restoration.
There is a man who lives near to me that uses cars until they break then parks them for 10 or more years always insisting he will repair them.
Periodically a lorry and grabber turns up to clear his front garden.

Imagine the work required on steering, suspension, tyres and hoses to mention just a few areas of restoration. Does not add up at all.

Yes it seems a funny how do you do to me too!!! I cant understand someone letting those cars get in a state of repair like that!

Comfortably Numb 14th April 2019 22:59

This begs the question I have often pondered when reading some adverts, -Is a trader even allowed to sell a car to a member of the public (not involved in the car trade) without a current MoT? I once bought a 1953 Morris Oxford MO that had stood on the traders forecourt as an eye-catcher for several years. Apart from freeing off the brakes, pumping up the tyres, and buying it a battery and an oil change, it was ready for MoT which it passed first time. It was remarkably rust free, as most of those Rovers appear to be. Most of the muck would come off with a good jetwash.

clf 15th April 2019 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2726829)
This begs the question I have often pondered when reading some adverts, -Is a trader even allowed to sell a car to a member of the public (not involved in the car trade) without a current MoT? I once bought a 1953 Morris Oxford MO that had stood on the traders forecourt as an eye-catcher for several years. Apart from freeing off the brakes, pumping up the tyres, and buying it a battery and an oil change, it was ready for MoT which it passed first time. It was remarkably rust free, as most of those Rovers appear to be. Most of the muck would come off with a good jetwash.

I would imagine that it is not necessary, however a dealer is obliged to sell the product fit for purpose and therefore would be obligated to provide some form of warranty . The terms on how it was sold, though, would determine the effect of any warranty. Eg' for parts only', stated on any invoice would get them off the hook. But if it was sold as a car, and it failed the mot, a buyer would have some redress within a reasonable mount of time (normally a.minmum of 3 months). Using sold as seen on an invoice apparently doesn't absolve a dealer. A valid mot though is a such a strong selling point for any car dealer so selling without one doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

MSS 15th April 2019 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2726699)
.............. It’s a bunch of deluded fools................

I believe this description could be applied to the majority of us. The people who delude themselves that they are driving desirable, luxury cars..........

The only difference is the scope of each person's delusion. :};)

Personally, I would not mind being in the shoes of the person who can afford to park up 10+ nearly new cars for whatever reason of delusion.

Tenesmus 15th April 2019 23:30

Worth asking at Hursley Hill about used spares. I got a complete set of VGC seats for my Sterling in there, Lee (the parts guy at the time) was very helpful.

I also sat in the V8. When I remarked about it to one of the lads I got an eyes raised to heaven reaction, don't think they're impressed with the cars sat there rusting away, never to be sold.

Les4048 16th April 2019 04:43

At the end of the day they’re his cars so his choice what to do with them. As usual people have fanciful ideas of restoring these cars but many deserving from other sources still go for scrap. They can’t all be saved because people won’t put their money where their mouths are. Looking at the price on some of those cars for an enthusiast it may be worth the money but very few will do it because for most people they want their money back when they sell and sadly for most MG Rover cars that’s not going to happen yet

mbev51 16th April 2019 05:37

'Saved' for what? We will soon be driving just new electric cars. What then the future of old saved heritage cars? I've got perhaps 15 yrs of driving left, I'll just continue driving old diesels. I wouldn't want to invest good money in them, let's just drive them until we cannot, enjoying every days motoring.