The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   lock down fines (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304266)

actros 14th April 2020 18:17

lock down fines

Well what do members think about the fines for people breaking the lock down £60 or £30 if you pay with in the two weeks load of rubbish it should be £500 min as every one else is doing there bit just the few that think they can do what they want. What do others think.

Discofan 14th April 2020 18:21

Doubles for each subsequent offence, up to a max of £960.
"Total idiots" is my family friendly response:banghead:

ZedTeeT 14th April 2020 18:37

I'd love to comment, but would be a bit pointless as all the words I'd like to use are "naughty words"

You kinda get my drift though I'm sure!

stocktake 14th April 2020 19:20

The fines are petty they could just add it to the cost of the excursion if they get caught, impound the vehicle.

Good job there is not an ugly fine, you would be well skint Actros..........:getmecoat:

COLVERT 14th April 2020 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by actros (Post 2806081)
Well what do members think about the fines for people breaking the lock down £60 or £30 if you pay with in the two weeks load of rubbish it should be £500 min as every one else is doing there bit just the few that think they can do what they want. What do others think.

What does the -Lock Down-mean to you in GB ??

We're allowed out but it has to be only for the posted reasons.--( France. )

SCP440 14th April 2020 20:10

Personally I think the car should be impounded for a period of time and a fine of 50% of a months wages. This will hurt what every you get paid.

If you get caught a second time the car is kept and the fine should be a months wages.

My guess this would put all but the idiots off ever doing it.

Fines of £30 mean nothing to a lot of people.

Simondi 14th April 2020 20:31

I think the fines should be proportiate to income.

Whilst I fully agree that those breaking the lockdown should be fined, I also have every sympathy for those who live in flats or tenements. It must be awful being in a small flat, unable to get out except for excersise or shopping along with partners, kids and so on.

AndyN01 14th April 2020 21:01

I generally disagree with fines as "it's only money" - if you're "rich" it's irrelevant and if you're "poor" you probably won't be paying it anyway.

Much better to have something that directly affects the individual. So the ideas above about impounding the car is, for me, much more effective. Or even better crushing it - explain that one away to the PCP company ;).

Andy.

RPWC 14th April 2020 21:04

Interesting topic. Been discussed lots on fb, my opinion? £1000 each to be paid in 3 months or charged to the offender's bank account or property. Doubled for a second offence. No excuses for breaking the rules other than selfishness. Hit them hard in the pocket, that will deter them . Same with drink/drug drivers min 2000 fine 3 year driving ban . First offence or not

Timbo.P6 14th April 2020 21:06

In our situation, we know our son got it from someone out and about,
There is no punishment strong enough except jail for breaking the lockdown,
Only people that should be out are people with children that have no place for children to burn off energy, or if you are defo going shopping for essentials,,,adults ARE able to find ways to exercise at home, run up and down stairs,do sit ups etc,