The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mgzt kv6 51 plate (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=326942)

dave s a 3rd February 2024 17:11

Mgzt kv6 51 plate

Engine fan runs constantly even with ignition off

Bob Walker 3rd February 2024 18:02

Fan

Could be the relay or it could be the temperature sensor on the blink! Its the temperature gauge working correctly or is it half way when you switch on the ignition switch?

dave s a 3rd February 2024 19:56

Temperature gauge is ok not moved but not let it run too long so could be a stuck relay

dave lincs 4th February 2024 07:22

Relay in control box behind bumper is stuck

SD1too 4th February 2024 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave s a (Post 2988299)
Engine fan runs constantly even with ignition off

Hello Dave,

Can I clear up which engine you have please? In the title of your post you say KV6 but your profile says you have a diesel. :confused:

There are circumstances where a KV6 radiator fan can run for up to a maximum of 10 minutes once the engine has been stopped with the temperature gauge remaining at the normal position.
It's very, very uncommon for a fan relay to fail on a petrol engined car.

The symptom you've described most closely matches a faulty PCB in the fan control box exclusive to the diesel.

Simon

dave s a 4th February 2024 10:11

Hi yes I did have a diesel but this is a 51 plate kv6 been in garage a long time so just recommissioned her in really good condition have give it a full service putting new brakes and tyres all round apart from number plate light and small vacuum pipe the fan seems to be only problem any help would be greatly appreciated cheers dave

SD1too 4th February 2024 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave s a (Post 2988347)
Hi yes I did have a diesel but this is a 51 plate kv6 ...

Thanks for the confirmation Dave (when you get a moment perhaps you could update your profile).

You've reported that the radiator fan is running constantly with the ignition off. Does this mean that to stop the fan you've had to disconnect the car's battery?

If so, with a stone cold engine, does the fan immediately start running when you reconnect the battery with the key out of the ignition?

Simon

dave s a 4th February 2024 10:35

Hi to stop fan have to disconnect battery but does not start again until I start engine

dave s a 4th February 2024 10:36

Sorry yes fan does start with key in ignition

SD1too 4th February 2024 10:54

Thanks for the reply Dave. Maybe a typo but this is what I need to know ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2988349)
... does the fan immediately start running when you reconnect the battery with the key out of the ignition?

Simon