The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Freebies Bazaar (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Solar Red ZT-T 03 190 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288548)

rich tee 27th September 2018 09:21

Solar Red ZT-T 03 190

Failed MOT on front suspension, exhaust centre box, split brake pipe and parking brake efficiency. Bodywise good overall condition except bonnet which has small patch of corrosion and has been dented by a vandal. Engine runs very nicely (96000) and has had a cambelt change. Straight alloys in decent condition with good tyres all round. Good matrix interior except the usual problem with split bolster on backrest of drivers seat. Battery will be removed as it is only a few weeks old but could be available by separate negotiation.

Will need to be trailered because of brakes.Sitting at MOT station so needs to go quickly. Rather it went to a member than get the few pounds for scrap but you need to be quick. Located in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

Any questions please ask.

P-Nut 27th September 2018 17:15

Did they give a repair quote? Doesn't sound too bad

gadgetgricey 27th September 2018 17:20

Did it drive to the MOT station fine, just wondered how bad the brakes were, and if there was any MOT left.

Might be easier if someone could drive it home to get the bits done without the need for a trailer.

P-Nut 27th September 2018 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetgricey (Post 2672919)
Did it drive to the MOT station fine, just wondered how bad the brakes were, and if there was any MOT left.

Might be easier if someone could drive it home to get the bits done without the need for a trailer.

I'm presuming the MOT fail(s) were dangerous and as such are not allowed to be driven home under the new rules.

Avulon 27th September 2018 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Nut (Post 2672922)
I'm presuming the MOT fail(s) were dangerous and as such are not allowed to be driven home under the new rules.

No new rules governing the legality of driving a vehicle at all. It's always been illegal to drive a vehicle in a dangerous condition. The new MOT test now makes it clearer whether the vehicle is in a dangerous condition or not if it fails.

As always it's up to the driver to decide if 'dangerous' failure items make the car so dangerous that driving it home is ill advised. I guess this is very much going to depend on the distance, traffic, and route being contemplated.

Seeing as I'm not seeing a build up of 'dangerous' cars around every MOT centre I can only surmise that either there are very few cars getting dangerous fails - or that cars with 'dangerous' fails are being driven home by the owners. There appears to have developed a myth that an MOT station can/will prevent a dangerous car from being driven away, although there so far is no evidence of this being the case.

Darcydog 1st October 2018 09:20

PM sent Rich

Dallas 1st October 2018 09:53

That's a real shame Rich, hope a member can save it...

@Clive :D

Darcydog 1st October 2018 10:41

My son and I are going to take it on Wes if it is still available. Like you we would like to see it renovated.

Matt G 1st October 2018 19:16

Don’t want to step on any toes, but if the collection with darcydog falls through, i’ll Aquire it off you. Sent pm with telephone number for back up for you.

Rgds

Darcydog 10th January 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 2673926)
Don’t want to step on any toes, but if the collection with darcydog falls through, i’ll Aquire it off you. Sent pm with telephone number for back up for you.

Rgds

Did this go anywhere Matt? - I heard nothing:shrug: