The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My New MG ZT+ 2.5 V6 further technical issues/update (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259882)

Offshoremind 10th January 2017 07:42

My New MG ZT+ 2.5 V6 further technical issues/update

Dear All,

After some considerable time away from the Owners club forum I am back having just replaced my Rover 75 Connie 2.5 V6 which has done 131000 miles!... with an MG ZT + in the very rare monogram colour of nocturne which is currently on 66000 miles.

So to my enquiries, I wonder if any members can advise on the following issues?

The cam belts and water pump were done at 36000 miles back in 2011 should they now be done again after 6 years with a mileage of 66000 miles?

The wheels have been stripped and powder coated but do not have the small MG hub caps, where can i get these?

The cruise control failed after one use bringing it home after purchase lol. I was told by one kind member that this is usually a sensor under one of the pedals (break? clutch? accelerator?) please advise.

The MG badge on the bonnet is in the form of a rather fetching union jack! Please could members advise where i could get a similar one for the boot lid.

......and finally

My Rover 75 V6 has the Hi line Sat Nav. I understand you can get a replacement Sat Nave (touch screen) for ZT and 75s these days. Please could you advise me where?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David

GAVIN 10th January 2017 08:28

Kv6 cam belts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offshoremind (Post 2428960)
Dear All,

After some considerable time away from the Owners club forum I am back having just replaced my Rover 75 Connie 2.5 V6 which has done 131000 miles!... with an MG ZT + in the very rare monogram colour of nocturne which is currently on 66000 miles.

So to my enquiries, I wonder if any members can advise on the following issues?

The cam belts and water pump were done at 36000 miles back in 2011 should they now be done again after 6 years with a mileage of 66000 miles?

The wheels have been stripped and powder coated but do not have the small MG hub caps, where can i get these?

The cruise control failed after one use bringing it home after purchase lol. I was told by one kind member that this is usually a sensor under one of the pedals (break? clutch? accelerator?) please advise.

The MG badge on the bonnet is in the form of a rather fetching union jack! Please could members advise where i could get a similar one for the boot lid.

......and finally

My Rover 75 V6 has the Hi line Sat Nav. I understand you can get a replacement Sat Nave (touch screen) for ZT and 75s these days. Please could you advise me where?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David

Genuine MGR cam belts inc water pump & tensioners
Inc parts & labour
£450.00
www.mgroverrepair.co.uk

SD1too 10th January 2017 08:43

KV6 cambelts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offshoremind (Post 2428960)

This question has been discussed at length David and the answer depends upon whether you're a (1) "OK then, well they should know best" or (2) "Wait a minute, let's have a think about this" type of person. :D

If you fall into the second category here's some bedtime reading for you.

Simon

CLINTE 10th January 2017 08:49

Re the badges you could look here http://mgmanialtd.com/index.php?id_c...oller=category

Other places could be scrappers, EBAY , any members on here etc

Yes - I would get the cam belts done ( 6 yrs or 90 k whichever comes first ) and whilst it is stripped down I would also consider the Water Pump and Thermostat Housing - not cheap I know .

CLINTE

Offshoremind 10th January 2017 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAVIN (Post 2428983)
Genuine MGR cam belts inc water pump & tensioners
Inc parts & labour
£450.00
www.mgroverrepair.co.uk

Thanks Gavin,

That seems reasonable. I will be in touch.

Regards

David

Offshoremind 10th January 2017 21:34

Its a ZT, and as far as I am aware they only made 17 of them in Nocturne blue.

Regards

David

Offshoremind 10th January 2017 22:22

Well its a lovely colour and suits the look of the car!

I just posted a pic of it

Thank you very much for your input so far.

Just for the record the cruise control on my new MG ZT+ has decided its working again today lol:-)

Anyway so other items spring to mind which I would welcome advice from Members

The condition of my car is very good inside and out although as is often the case with the MG ZT the leather bolster on the driver seat and in the case of my car the blue suede seat panel have come in for as bit of wear which is a shame given that all the other seats are near perfect condition.

Does anyone know where I could get the drivers seat refurbished?

Many thanks

regards,

David

Dragrad 11th January 2017 00:56

Threads merged as they are related. :cool:

GAVIN 11th January 2017 09:41

Seat refurbishment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offshoremind (Post 2429413)
Well its a lovely colour and suits the look of the car!

I just posted a pic of it

Thank you very much for your input so far.

Just for the record the cruise control on my new MG ZT+ has decided its working again today lol:-)

Anyway so other items spring to mind which I would welcome advice from Members

The condition of my car is very good inside and out although as is often the case with the MG ZT the leather bolster on the driver seat and in the case of my car the blue suede seat panel have come in for as bit of wear which is a shame given that all the other seats are near perfect condition.

Does anyone know where I could get the drivers seat refurbished?

Many thanks

regards,

David

Hi David
I have a chap who can refurbish your seat who does an excellent job.
Regards
Gavin