The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Horseplay - not looking good for rover driver (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294593)

75driver 2nd April 2019 21:21

Horseplay - not looking good for rover driver

Anyone on here?
Nowt to do with me so can’t comment on actions of driver or horse rider.
https://www.facebook.com/10000049357...762157?sfns=mo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marinabrian 2nd April 2019 22:05

Hmm, I think this comment sums up the actions of the driver to a tee

Quote:

Bet he was an old codger in a Rover,I truly despise people that cause distress to any animal,what an absolute C0CK!!!
I always slow down for horses, and give them a wide berth.

Truly appalling, it's to be hoped that the pillock driving the car isn't a member on here :mad:

Brian :(

Ravinder 2nd April 2019 22:09

Yes, I saw this earlier. Terrible behaviour.

75driver 2nd April 2019 22:29

It would seem like driver is in the wrong here, albeit horsey person probably shouldn’t be on the road at that time of the evening in poor light.
I’ve been on the other side of fence in the past, where the horsey person was a real arrogant ar5e.
“Hey.. you there... move back, we’re riding through here” (think of saying that in your most pompous arrogant accent🙄).
I had a trailer on the car, and it was about 1/2 mile back, on a narrow road to the nearest lay-by. Horsey man was at a tee junction on the road, refusing to let me drive by, where there was space to do do.😤.
Unfortunately the loser in most of these type of standoffs / confrontations is likely to be the animal.😠

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simondi 2nd April 2019 22:43

Terrible behaviour.

I hope they throw the book at him.

macafee2 3rd April 2019 07:10

well done for reporting to police but I am not convinced reading the facebook post that the horse rider did not exacerbate the situation.

I give horses a wide and slow birth yet twice I have had problems with horse riders.
one lost control and the horse came sideways scrtching the wifes car and once when towing a caravan had a woman shout and swear ate me for going to fast, my wife has ridden and did not think I was going fast as I had slwed down. they are not perfect
but in this case the driver was out of order

macafee2

Darcydog 3rd April 2019 08:32

The New Forest has pony’s everywhere as well as horses with riders. Always treat them with respect and curtesy and invariably get a cheery wave of thanks in return.

I have far more issues with arrogant rude and aggressive bike riders who think they can race anywhere they like and everyone else should get out of their way.

As a horse rider/owner myself (some years ago) I found it rare that car drivers acted as this total idiot has done as set out in the OP.

But the abuse myself and my family received from cyclists who wanted to get past us at speed regardless of their or our safety was a foul and regular occurrence.

Rp61973 3rd April 2019 09:00

Not guilty!

My 75 is silver but a facelift on a 06.

Appalling behaviour; although yes it appears the horserider may have exacerbated the situation, but no excuse whatsoever for the reported behaviour.

He does sound like a complete c0ck and I just hope it isn't a forum member.

markypicks 3rd April 2019 09:06

not me i always give horses a wide birth and slow down mines a non facelift but its in Wedgwood blue 2 rgds mark

zedhed 3rd April 2019 09:40

At the end of the day,they have more rights on the road than any car.still think they should have some sort of insurance though,as they can easily damage a car,then who pays🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk