The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   It’s so hard to find a car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317013)

p49273 28th December 2021 16:29

It’s so hard to find a car

As the title says, it’s getting harder to find car in a reasonable distance from home.

The prices are definitely on the rise (dealers ask silly money for some of them) and I guess the cars are getting rarer as time as goes by, as most people see them just as ‘cars’ so they get scrapped. I don’t think the yearly tax bill on the cars help either.

I’ll keep looking and I’m sure something will turn up lol.

BillyMG 28th December 2021 16:52

Yes mate when I bought my first 75 a few years ago there were new cars in the members sales section all the time. Not so many now tho. Also ZTs - the 180 in blue and 190 in red were really cheap and common on eBay - again not so much now. They do still often come up on Facebook Marketplace so may be worth looking on there. Hope something comes up for you mate 👍

planenut 28th December 2021 16:54

That really depends on what you are looking for, i.e. one of ours or another make?

stevestrat 28th December 2021 16:55

The whole used car market has gone nuts caused by a shortage of automotive computer chips limiting the supply of new cars. Theoretically the supply chain issues will be sorted next year . . . . watch this space.

jim_k 28th December 2021 17:03

Any make or model in particular are you looking for?

I have used auto trader, Gumtree and Ebay and it takes me a few weeks to get something. You can ask members here for help - I'm sure you will find something soon. After Christmas is normally a goodtime to buy.

p49273 28th December 2021 17:34

I’m after either a 75 or a ZT, can go with the MGF sat happily in the garage.

It’s interesting on EBay & Autotrader how many higher price cars sit around for a long time, sensible price cars seem to go quickly.

As you say, New Year should be a good time, I’m in no rush so that’s on my side.

VVC-Geeza 28th December 2021 17:49

I wouldn't let distance put you off it has the prospect of being the right car.Afterall it's a journey you would only make once,see it as a bit of an adventure.You could also post up on here in the wanted section stating colours,spec,mk 1/mk2 engine variant ect.May tempt someone thinking of selling to contact you.The cars in the club are generally well looked after and accurately described when for sale so you would have a little reassurance regarding it's present condition and history.

jim_k 28th December 2021 22:01

Just to mention aside from members cars for sale on this site I also see this website https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/ as it has a few.
They tend to be more expensive and geared towards collectors however occasionally you get a very clean, reasonably priced.
The key I think is looking in enough places for the right one and then moving quick. Good luck

Rich in Vancouver 29th December 2021 01:06

I bought a lovely ZT-T last summer after putting the word out on this forum.
It wasn't cheap but it was almost exactly what I was after and it's a good'un!

MSS 29th December 2021 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by p49273 (Post 2914139)
As the title says, it’s getting harder to find car in a reasonable distance from home.

The prices are definitely on the rise (dealers ask silly money for some of them) and I guess the cars are getting rarer as time as goes by, as most people see them just as ‘cars’ so they get scrapped. I don’t think the yearly tax bill on the cars help either.

I’ll keep looking and I’m sure something will turn up lol.

If you were to state exactly what you are after, others may be able to help you if they happen to either spot such a car for sale or perhaps even own one that they may sell.

People selling often complain that they get very little interest in their cars!