The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   National shortage (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313527)

Phil th Barrow 14th June 2021 07:05

National shortage

I wonder what as caused this then?:eek: Best get around to th supermarkets and buy some loo roll quick...:oh you:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-standby.html

mbev51 14th June 2021 12:30

Hi, there’s shortages of some things and large price rises in others. What’s going on?

AndyN01 14th June 2021 18:06

Anyone know what the drivers earn & what their terms & conditions are like?

If they're "poor" then it's no surprise is it :shrug:.

Phil th Barrow 18th June 2021 08:34

There are thousands of un used licences were people av taken up th role only to find it wasnt for them. Says it all really. I know a company that asked for 42 redudancies. They got 64 applicants. It shows that th drivers are getting older with no one to take there place. Maybe th market could realise th T&Cs dont match th job.??

torque2me 18th June 2021 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow (Post 2887087)
There are thousands of un used licences were people av taken up th role only to find it wasnt for them. Says it all really. I know a company that asked for 42 redundancies. They got 64 applicants. It shows that th drivers are getting older with no one to take there place. Maybe th market could realise th T&Cs dont match th job.??

I stopped the hassle and all that goes with it 1n 1991. That was when traffic volumes were lighter and the motorways, were well motorways. Anyone daft enough to do a HGV (good pay), PSV or multi-drop (various vehicle weights) is either a youngster or of dubious origins.

Feet up for me!

Kev

Phil th Barrow 18th June 2021 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by torque2me (Post 2887129)
I stopped the hassle and all that goes with it 1n 1991. That was when traffic volumes were lighter and the motorways, were well motorways. Anyone daft enough to do a HGV (good pay), PSV or multi-drop (various vehicle weights) is either a youngster or of dubious origins.

Feet up for me!

Kev

Yes Kev. After my 32 years of been "cherished" :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:i shall soon be joining these..

http://transportoperator.co.uk/2016/01/29/3568/

SCP440 18th June 2021 15:38

Apparently another problem is a lot of employees have been on furlough for a year, yes they still have a job but they have not been producing anything.

A supplier I use for commercial style toilet rolls was telling me that they are struggling to get some sizes, with the manufacturers not making many due to staff being off and the lack of demand because places have been closed it is now a problem because all the spares in the system are gone and there is a several week lead time. Also the pulp price has gone up so when they do back into stock they will be more expensive.

A neighbour who used to be a truck driver ( he took early retirement) has been offered a job by his old employee at more pay and the hours he wants to work within reason. His old employee is struggling to even get contractors and will loose a contract he has if he cant get drivers. I know customers in hospitality are offering better wages just to get staff to clear tables and do menial work and of course that will ripple through the industry if finding new staff does not get any easier.

bikerdude666 19th June 2021 23:59

We've had a few shortages of late at work. Getting hold of certain powders and chemicals has been tricky, and we've run out of a few, and not being able to get hold of any cardboard boxes we use for putting pails in, we couldn't get boxes for a couple of weeks! Amazon was being blamed, though whether this was true or not I don't know. We've also got an issue getting empty cartridges to our cartridge fillers to fill with our product, currently got around 10 tons of product sat at fillers waiting for cartridges to come. When they did get hold of some, they were below usual quality, and were splitting/exploding when used. Can't seem to get hold of any rags used for cleaning, soap seems in short supply, as is the blue paper towel rolls, even the bottled water for the water coolers isn't turning up like it used to!

Also finding it hard to recruit, they've advertised a job twice now as the 1st time they didn't get anyone suitable apply.

AndyN01 20th June 2021 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2887394)

Also finding it hard to recruit, they've advertised a job twice now as the 1st time they didn't get anyone suitable apply.

Did anyone look at the T&C's when no one suitable applied?

Do the folks you need already have certain skills? If so then that'll need to be recognised in the "package" to tempt them to join you. If no one suitable applied then the "package isn't attractive enough. It doesn't matter what the boss thinks of the package, they are already there. It's what possible new folks think of it.

But surely that's teaching granny to suck eggs.

Georgies Dad 20th June 2021 11:04

I have noticed the supermarket shelves are low on stock

Also went into the Phone shop and there is also a shortage of Samsung products