The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Getting TV on the move ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=139639)

Petetourer 6th March 2013 21:54

Getting TV on the move ?

Hi All...

I travel down to Portishead on a fairly regular basis with the missus and she has asked if I can get the telly on for her to watch...

Does anyone know if there is a simple way of disabling the saftey screen that appears on the Hi Line ? :shrug:

I have seen TV in motion leads, but these seem pretty steep on the cost front :eek:

MrDoodles 6th March 2013 22:07

Not sure you'll be able to keep locked onto a digital signal on the move? :shrug:

Petetourer 6th March 2013 22:20

Wont know unless I can try :shrug: :D

handyjackdaniels 6th March 2013 22:30

Seans' d/d is good with his dvb units, just a case of ticking or unticking(:confused:) a box in settings to enable watching while driving............. which i'm sure you dont!!:shrug:

VVC-Geeza 6th March 2013 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDoodles (Post 1242342)
Not sure you'll be able to keep locked onto a digital signal on the move? :shrug:

Certainly won't be able to maintain a perfect picture indefinitely,the best I've achieved is about 20-25 miles without a re-tune.The terrain you are traveling through also has a big effect on quality of reception.That's with Sean's DD btw.

Petetourer 6th March 2013 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyjackdaniels (Post 1242362)
Seans' d/d is good with his dvb units, just a case of ticking or unticking(:confused:) a box in settings to enable watching while driving............. which i'm sure you dont!!:shrug:

Well mine is the standard Hi Line with a freeview box... I can certainly say I have not watched it on the move as it dont work!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 1242367)
Certainly won't be able to maintain a perfect picture indefinitely,the best I've achieved is about 20-25 miles without a re-tune.The terrain you are traveling through also has a big effect on quality of reception.That's with Sean's DD btw.

Well 20 - 25 miles would do... She can always retune it with the remote... :shrug: Just cant see much info on if anyone has managed to sort this on the Hi Line units :(

Parker 7th March 2013 08:09

It won't work on the move for long if at all a digital signal is fantastic for a static location, it was never designed to keep up with a moving antennae. Best bet get a good android phone or iphone/ipad with 3G or a dongle and watch TV catch up or Sky go, you will get the odd signal drop but far more reliable.

I often put sky news on through the iphone and as the sound is bluetoothed through my head unit I listen to the reports. Of course driving and watching is dangerous and very silly so don't do it.

jongp 7th March 2013 12:16

Using the Resler interface and Navcoder you can take this off.
I have the hardware and software if your ever up this way, it only takes 5 min

Jon

eurorover 7th March 2013 12:54

Mine is unlocked and works ok BUT it is against the law

Petetourer 7th March 2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jongp (Post 1242744)
Using the Resler interface and Navcoder you can take this off.
I have the hardware and software if your ever up this way, it only takes 5 min

Jon

Hi Jon...

That's a very kind offer, one I may take you up on :D

Any chance you could PM me with a contact number and I will give you a ring to discuss... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurorover (Post 1242758)
Mine is unlocked and works ok BUT it is against the law

Cheers Wynn...

I am not doing this for my benefit, purely for the other half mate ;)

Just chuffed I got it working... Not to sure what I did, but on the 3rd attempt at connecting it all up, it decides to work!! :shrug: don't think I did anything differently :confused: