The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Many thanks to tom hobbs - sill repair extraordinaire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=287345)

DRWMGTF 22nd August 2018 17:03

Many thanks to tom hobbs - sill repair extraordinaire

Evening all,
Well one of my Rover 75s failed its MOT due corrosion in the offside sill in the vicinity of the rear jacking point.
I was quite surprised at the extent of the corrosion which was probably made a lot worse by the probing of the MOT inspector.
However having consulted the Forum I decided to contact Tom Hobbs who came highly recommended.
To cut a long story short Tom repaired my sill and in my humble opinion made a superb job.
Now the difficult bit posting photographs.
Guess what....upload of file failed?
Sorry, but all I can say is Tom's work is superb. The MOT inspector was very impressed and so were the rest of the mechanics in the garage.
If any one wants to see the photographs send me a pm and I will email them to you. Well worth seeing.
Regards David Winter

Les4048 22nd August 2018 17:17

Glad you got it sorted David. Is this the same guy Dawn recommended? Posting pictures is a pain on here as a few have pointed out. Try TapaTalk for uploading pictures it is easier to do on it

patrolman pete 22nd August 2018 17:21

Both my sills are looking ropey and I'm thinking of making the journey to see Tom. Wondering how long the job takes as I've to decide whether to drive down and get a train back home or to have a short stay in a travel lodge and wait ? Hmm ! decisions ! The car has just passed it's MOT but I think I need to act soon to stop it spreading.

DRWMGTF 22nd August 2018 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2662531)
Glad you got it sorted David. Is this the same guy Dawn recommended? Posting pictures is a pain on here as a few have pointed out. Try TapaTalk for uploading pictures it is easier to do on it

Yes it was Dawn's post that sent me in Tom's direction. As regards, TapaTalk, never heard of it, but I will try and sort it out.
Regards David

Les4048 22nd August 2018 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRWMGTF (Post 2662533)
Yes it was Dawn's post that sent me in Tom's direction. As regards, TapaTalk, never heard of it, but I will try and sort it out.
Regards David

It’s an app you download David.
Kind regards Les

DRWMGTF 22nd August 2018 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrolman pete (Post 2662532)
Both my sills are looking ropey and I'm thinking of making the journey to see Tom. Wondering how long the job takes as I've to decide whether to drive down and get a train back home or to have a short stay in a travel lodge and wait ? Hmm ! decisions ! The car has just passed it's MOT but I think I need to act soon to stop it spreading.

I left my car with him and he did it over the weekend as he was busy with a 1963 Alvis??? and when I collected the car he was working on what was left of a Rover P5. If you saw my photographs I think that would make your mind up.
Regards David

patrolman pete 22nd August 2018 17:46

Hi David, I've seen a picture on his website and his work looks brilliant. It's just the logistics.

squire 22nd August 2018 17:46

My Connie is due to see Tom sometime after the Bank Holiday for the usual rear will work. He's having back short break at the moment and will be contacting me after the Holiday weekend. I've seen the repair on Dawn's car and it's spot on.
Martyn

Dawn 22nd August 2018 17:59

Poor Tom, I've sent a flurry of 75's to him lol! A lot of uploads fail on here because the file is too large. You can shrink them if you have photoshop or similar, or Flickr is another place that is free. I use that! :)

Glad you got sorted and are happy!

trikey 22nd August 2018 19:29

As Dawn and others have said, Toms work is fantastic, very good prices and excellent service.