The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   To sell or scrap? Any advice gratefully recieved (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318660)

Animesis 11th April 2022 16:56

To sell or scrap? Any advice gratefully recieved

We are moving on from our old 75, shes high mileage 250k. We put her through an mot with the hope of selling it as a working second hand car but it failed. Its £420 for the work to pass and then to try and sell. :duh:

I know the second hand car market is strong, but is it worth the work?
Over the years weve collected nice parts, good condition leather seats, wooden dash, embossed headrests, HK soundsystem, rear powerblind, FBH, xenon lights, serpent alloys etc

As much as I will feel like I am disembowling my own child I think its time to pull her to bits and sell them then scrap the rest.

Unless anyone wants to give me £500 for her as is :shrug:

If you want to check the MOT its KY02 CSO
I dont want to spend £400 only for it to sell for a pitance

suzublu 11th April 2022 17:04

Worth more in bits sadly 😒

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Mike Noc 11th April 2022 17:20

You could try offering it on here as a fixer upper for scrap value.

BRG75 11th April 2022 18:01

PM sent re the headrests, and what colour they are, if you decide to go that route.

Mike

stocktake 11th April 2022 18:42

Looking at the failure if requires 1 sill welding, and an outer ball joint tightening up or the arm replaced, a bit of headlight adjustment and bob's your aunties husband?

Martin Butler 12th April 2022 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2927937)
Looking at the failure if requires 1 sill welding, and an outer ball joint tightening up or the arm replaced, a bit of headlight adjustment and bob's your aunties husband?

Is that, all, the welding is most likily the most expensive part, I would get an mobile welder to quote for that, before anything else, replacement arm, whilst a bit of a job, isnt that hard, headlight adjustment, get the tester to do it once the retest is done. I wouldn't break it for just those jobs,

MSS 12th April 2022 12:51

Given the list of advisories at every MOT, the car has all the signs of being neglected.

It really needs £1k spent on it to have some welding done and all the other things sorted.

I don't think it's worth the perseverance - far more useful as a parts donor to keep other cars on the road.

Animesis 15th April 2022 22:55

Its become a real uphill battle as of late. It was up in Scotland for two/three years and due to circumstances beyond my control it was stored outside for about a year up there and the weather really did a number on it, on the size of a hill out in the open... very exposed.

She was in dreadful condition when we got her in 2016/2017 and I managed to bring her back to a decent condition but now it wants constant work...

Animesis 15th April 2022 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2927937)

Unfortunately my partner has just gotten his fathers car imported so we are looking to move it on regardless, turns out he does need it for a few weeks yet so we got the MOT sorted. But after that well be looking to move it on, if people want to pick it apart Im happy to but Id rather just move it on quickly as space is going to be an issue!

RegalRover 16th April 2022 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animesis (Post 2928629)
Unfortunately my partner has just gotten his fathers car imported so we are looking to move it on regardless, turns out he does need it for a few weeks yet so we got the MOT sorted. But after that well be looking to move it on, if people want to pick it apart Im happy to but Id rather just move it on quickly as space is going to be an issue!

Would you still be looking for £500 with the MOT or a bit more? Also, what colour interior please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk