The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Anyone else find darts more exciting than F1? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316766)

MissMoppet 10th December 2021 12:23

Anyone else find darts more exciting than F1?

I understand there's some sort of race this weekend? Now I'm old enough to remember when you could see the driver's expressions wrestling with the wheel. When the cars - Vanwall, BRM etc - looked different and weren't covered in ads. It seems nowadays that the race is won or lost by computer engineers, not the skill of the driver. It all reminds me of speedway when the first one round the first bend would always win.
A few years ago I was loosely involved with a very clever small firm who produced the world's best wiring integrity test kits that are needed in everything from Jumbo jets and satellites to ejector seats and yes F1 race cars. They supplied a kit to one of the big teams and I wanted to put out a press release. Out of courtesy I thought I'd run it past them: "Yes of course: send us a cheque for £10K and you can send it out." We didn't of course.
So please explain what I might be missing.

mileshawk56 10th December 2021 15:09

Agreed Dave- and try the snooker Im hooked,Chris S,

Phil th Barrow 10th December 2021 16:17

Yes darts is better. Top gear as also been avoided since i grew up many years ago.

roverbarmy 12th December 2021 14:04

Let him catch you a bit to make it more interesting for the fans.............................................. ..... Oops!:icon_lol:

Arctic 12th December 2021 14:19

you definitely have more chance of playing darts than driving an F1 Car, also you can have some good banter over a nice little few beers at darts, in the warm. :xmas-smiley-008:

planenut 12th December 2021 14:22

,................but I think that Formula One is somewhat more exciting...........well most races!

sworks 12th December 2021 15:53

I’m guessing you didn’t watch today’s race? I used to be a huge speedway fan and disagree about the first corner, absolutely on the edge racing for four laps. Absolutely love darts though and looking forward to the start of this weeks ‘worlds’ on the 15th. Anybody’s tournament this year but I’d like to see a surprise winner like Searle. Darts is one of the few sports that anybody can play with minimal outlay and talent and become quite proficient over time.

Phil th Barrow 13th December 2021 09:48

F1 chinanagins will av increased its ratings.... That should "benefit"..... th few.

Rev Jules 13th December 2021 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2911956)
you definitely have more chance of playing darts than driving an F1 Car, also you can have some good banter over a nice little few beers at darts, in the warm. :xmas-smiley-008:

And it is more too the point.

Rev.

COLVERT 13th December 2021 10:48

DARTS !!!!!----YUK.

I'd rather watch paint dry.----------:shocked: