The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

kev-rev180 2nd February 2020 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev-rev180 (Post 2790462)
new thermastat and pipes fited now got fuel leak on front rail hope to get it sorted in the morning

now got the fual raiil fixed a dodgy seal new one fitted done my camshaft sensor at the same time

marinabrian 3rd February 2020 07:26

Washed the ZT this morning, and about to take the dog for a walk, after which I'll phone 4a Windscreens, and have the rear window cut out and refitted properly :duh:

Moral of the story, insist that the window fitter you use is able to follow simple instructions such as sitting the glass on the spacer clips at the bottom before taping over the edges, that was money well spent :getmecoat:

Brian :mad:

Arctic 3rd February 2020 08:38

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewerman (Post 2790582)
Fitted a refurbished starter motor to the zt courtesy of Artic to solve the click click hopefully start sometime caused by a failing solenoid. Nice easy job for an hour.

Yesterday changed the front pads on the 75 looked at the rears o/s piston seized solid so no point changing the pads , source a new one and job for next weekend, just have to drive the zt next week :}:}

Chucked a bucket of water over both too

Now beer time

Hi Scott.
Glad I could help ;) I must get round to sorting out the photo's on that how to, but once I explained to you how to go about it you did it with in the hour it usually takes nice one.

Hopefully the caliper replacement will go as smooth, another hours work for you next weekend :}

marinabrian 3rd February 2020 10:07

Back window update, I'm treating this one as a temporary screen, the HRW elements are knackered, so there is little point in paying to have it fitted straight.

I'll chalk it up to experience, and source another screen.

Ho hum :getmecoat:

Brian :D

trikey 3rd February 2020 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2790700)
Back window update, I'm treating this one as a temporary screen, the HRW elements are knackered, so there is little point in paying to have it fitted straight.

Oh Bl00dy hell Bri, you are having as much luck as me lately!

Andy24601 3rd February 2020 18:16

irony

At something of a loose end (Sunday afternoon, Columbo had finished), I decided to address the condensation issue in my front indicators. Attempting to prise the indicator from its housing resulted in one of the small spring clips snapping off and the unit disappearing down into the bumper. Fortunately, the hole left by the indicator was only marginally smaller than my hand and so I was able to fish around to retrieve it. I wear a "MedicAlert" bracelet (I lack quite a few key organs) and was a little concerned to find that this had wedged itself between my wrist and the hole, making removal of my hand troublesome. By the clever medium of tugging very hard on my hand I was able to extricate myself without having to summons her indoors, although I did leave a sizeable portion of skin attached to the car - can I make an ironic claim against the good people at MedicAlert?

BoroRover 3rd February 2020 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2790700)

Oh no...after all that time, hassle, effort, and cost over the weekend.
I do hope you find another very soon.

trikey 3rd February 2020 19:14

Changed the power steering pump on Debs ZTT tonight, thankfully Jeff didn’t bring rain to Norfolk with him 👍

alphaeagle 3rd February 2020 19:14

This weekend...I replaced the standard none mirrored drivers sun visor, with a mirrored one with the light...I just have to wire it up now....
Also changed the power fold mirror covers from the Night fire red to chrome...

Also waiting for the new clutch and slave cylinder to be delivered and installed....

Also going to replace the plastic facia for the wooden one.

Rogue 3rd February 2020 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2790809)
thankfully Jeff didn’t bring rain to Norfolk with him 👍

Yet :p:

Put a load of stuff on the stick for you... Will pop it over one evening this week :)