The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   oh f the gear box has to come off (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299516)

macafee2 26th September 2019 14:12

oh f the gear box has to come off

gggrrrrrr having removed cleaned refitted and bled the clutch master cylinder and bled the clutch slave cylinder the clutch pedal is again going to the floor and staying there.

The master cylinder area looks dry and so I feel I have no option but to remove the gear box.
As soon as the caravan awning is packed away as it is currently hanging in the garage drying... it is probably dry by now, I will put the car in the garage and make a start.

I work slow but it should not take as long this time as there should be much less work to do. Last time there were all sorts of other things to do I found.

I've had two offers of help that I will accept.

I'm not sure if the slave has failed but I cannot see that anything else has failed and having read lots of other posts the slave is likely.

Eve since the last time I did this I have been waiting for an electric impact wrench from clarkes to come on the market, they now say it could be another 4 weeks. I will have to talk nicely to a neighbour to see if he will lend me his current clarkes one.

At least I have just about all other tools for the job

macafee2

trikey 26th September 2019 14:17

It’s usually the slave cylinder to be fair, did you change the guide tube last time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clf 26th September 2019 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2764689)
gggrrrrrr having removed cleaned refitted and bled the clutch master cylinder and bled the clutch slave cylinder the clutch pedal is again going to the floor and staying there.

The master cylinder area looks dry and so I feel I have no option but to remove the gear box.
As soon as the caravan awning is packed away as it is currently hanging in the garage drying... it is probably dry by now, I will put the car in the garage and make a start.

I work slow but it should not take as long this time as there should be much less work to do. Last time there were all sorts of other things to do I found.

I've had two offers of help that I will accept.

I'm not sure if the slave has failed but I cannot see that anything else has failed and having read lots of other posts the slave is likely.

Eve since the last time I did this I have been waiting for an electric impact wrench from clarkes to come on the market, they now say it could be another 4 weeks. I will have to talk nicely to a neighbour to see if he will lend me his current clarkes one.

At least I have just about all other tools for the job

macafee2

Check with lidl and aldi. Lidl here in ni have the electric one for sale at the minute for around 40 quid. It actually did its thi g on my rear shocks a couple of years ago when my air one kept running out of puff (it's only a 24 litre tank).

Lidl also doing a battery one for 60 quid, I plan to pick one up tonight, and hopefully will be enough to undo wheels (no plans for any other use)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

macafee2 26th September 2019 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2764690)
It’s usually the slave cylinder to be fair, did you change the guide tube last time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, changed it following forum advice. I hope it wont need changing again.
Trikey, do you think it should be ok?

macafee2

trikey 26th September 2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2764699)
yes, changed it following forum advice. I hope it wont need changing again.
Trikey, do you think it should be ok?

macafee2

If you have changed it then it will be fine.

Russel 27th September 2019 10:14

I can offer a hand if you need it mate

Mike Noc 27th September 2019 12:03

Are you losing clutch fluid Ian? And have you tried disconnecting the pipe coupling down to the slave cylinder and seeing if you then get a hard pedal as you should?

macafee2 27th September 2019 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2764899)
Are you losing clutch fluid Ian? And have you tried disconnecting the pipe coupling down to the slave cylinder and seeing if you then get a hard pedal as you should?

not sure about losing fluid, I checked a couple of weeks ago and no loss and this I find strange. I can check again.
yes disconnected the master from slave at the joint in engine bay and pedal is firm.

if pedal is firm when line split and i'm not losing fluid when connected i'm at a loss as to what the problem is. With my lack of experience and knowledge, I can only think that removing gearbox to check is the only way

macafee2

Ched 27th September 2019 14:49

Do you have a metal master or slave Ian?

macafee2 27th September 2019 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2764949)
Do you have a metal master or slave Ian?

not sure about slave but not a metal master. The slave is a LUK

macafee2