The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Does anybody wave....? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=223914)

grout20 18th August 2015 18:54

Does anybody wave....?

Hi all,

Having driven Triumphs (Spitfire4, GT6 Mk3 and Vitesse Mk2) in the Triumph Sports Six Club for 30+ years, it was usual practice to acknowledge a fellow owner. The same happens when we drive our Motorhome.

Having joined the Club only recently, I saw my first "other owners" yesterday and today - a red ZT and a silver 75 - and gave a friendly wave.

No response at all. :-(

OK ... perhaps their eyesights and reactions weren't quick enough to recognise a 75.... ;)

.... perhaps they thought it must just be yet another flippin' Jag or BMW heading towards them.... ;)

.... perhaps ZT and Connie drivers look down on a lowly Club SE 1.8 :eek:;):eek: .... surely not! :D

....or perhaps we are a stuffy lot down this way, and others living around Hertfordshire just "don't do that sort of thing, old boy" :}:getmecoat:

Of course not everyone will join in, but 100% failure rate is giving me a complex! Come on folks ..... give a wave back!

Anyone do the same? Thought I'd ask....

Here's looking at ya!

John

gazcaz 18th August 2015 18:57

Been mentioned before i do it to, but only the enthusiasts wave back the others think your mad :duh::eek: my opinion lol.

planenut 18th August 2015 19:07

As suggested, only most enthusiasts will acknowledge, but I sometimes don't "click" until it's too late, sometimes it is not safe, especially flashing headlights, most unsafe.

I think also some people only use their cars for driving and don't realize they are in something quite special.

I try to give a wave.

gozo ken 18th August 2015 19:08

Hi John,
I know what you mean,as I have a classic car and most ,not all classics wave back.
The 75 gets a few looks,and a couple of nods now and again,and about 4 waves in the 13 years I've owned them.
One thing that does happen is some people come up and say what a lovely car it is.I've had a Jaguar driver come up and say that he wished he'd stayed with Rover 75's as the Jags aren't as good,his words not mine,but it did help me make my mind up when I was having a sneaky peak at Jaguars,and I just stuck out for a low mileage 75.
Another chap came up to me and said ,,they should still make these in Britain, you know,because they still do in China,where he has his second home.Beautiful cars.
Any way if I see anyone looking,I'll give them a wave,cheers Ken.

MrDoodles 18th August 2015 19:25

Unfortunately, you own a car that was made in a factory by the thousands and there are still thousands left on the road!

In another 10 years, maybe the people driving the surviving cars will wave to each other!.....

The Rovering Member 18th August 2015 20:53

Fifteen minutes after we bought ours in Devon, I saw a silver tourer, waved at him & he waved back.

Since then, not much.

Scottie 25 18th August 2015 20:56

I wave to all that i see, but you get a few strange looks when they are not club members. local to me there are a few later registered cars but not all members are in the club.

victorgte 18th August 2015 21:20

I wave and get responses in the GTE. Different beast though.

Daughters think I'm bonkers and the other drivers are sad. Makes them laugh too!:}

Mickyboy 18th August 2015 21:29

I waved at another ZT once and got 2 fingers back, I remember thinking what the hell was that about?
Mick

KRISTLEE 18th August 2015 21:47

When I'm driving and spot another ZT or 75 I usually turn into a rabbit in headlights and start thinking I wish mine looked like that..by which time the other car has passed on by without me getting chance to wave lol