The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well ... that took me by surprise! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293227)

gadget1960 22nd February 2019 15:47

Well ... that took me by surprise!

I had just finished work and was getting into my 75 cdt in the company car park when I heard a really loud car horn, as I looked up to see what was going on, a jet black Porsche Panamera was parked in front of me with the driver half hanging out of the window!
I got out of my car and asked him 'was you tooting at me'? he said 'yes mate .... really nice car that, you don't see many of those around especially in that condition'.
I said 'thanks... much appreciated' and I like your Panamera too.
After he drove off it suddenly dawned on me he just 'may' have been having a laugh at my expense as 90% of the cars in the car park are north of £40,000:shrug:. or perhaps he was being genuine and actually liked my 75!? who knows.

Jdwoodhou 22nd February 2019 15:54

I think he was genuine. I am forever meeting people who used to own a 75 or know them and are positive about them. Our cars are getting rarer than Porsches these days, so yes part of it is nostalgia.

grivas 22nd February 2019 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget1960 (Post 2713755)
I had just finished work and was getting into my 75 cdt in the company car park when I heard a really loud car horn, as I looked up to see what was going on, a jet black Porsche Panamera was parked in front of me with the driver half hanging out of the window!
I got out of my car and asked him 'was you tooting at me'? he said 'yes mate .... really nice car that, you don't see many of those around especially in that condition'.
I said 'thanks... much appreciated' and I like your Panamera too.
After he drove off it suddenly dawned on me he just 'may' have been having a laugh at my expense as 90% of the cars in the car park are north of £40,000:shrug:. or perhaps he was being genuine and actually liked my 75!? who knows.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it anyone driving a PP must be compensating for something, a truly hideous car.

clf 22nd February 2019 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2713788)
I wouldn't be too concerned about it anyone driving a PP must be compensating for something, a truly hideous car.

or compromising when because his wife didnt keep her legs shut? :p:

but I agree, they are a hideous looking car, the joys of being ovine. But hey, it's not mine lol

slovcan 22nd February 2019 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2713823)
or compromising when because his wife didnt keep her legs shut? :p:

but I agree, they are a hideous looking car, the joys of being ovine. But hey, it's not mine lol

Hmmmm, here I go being strange again. I love them and if I won a lottery I'd have one in a heartbeat - a turbo V8, thank you. Then again, I also loved the F4 Phantom - the one nicknamed "Big Ugly" and, also the Honda V65 Sabre (VF1100S) of which I've had two and nicknamed them "Big Ugly". :D

Cheers,
Glenn

clf 22nd February 2019 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2713925)
Hmmmm, here I go being strange again. I love them and if I won a lottery I'd have one in a heartbeat - a turbo V8, thank you. Then again, I also loved the F4 Phantom - the one nicknamed "Big Ugly" and, also the Honda V65 Sabre (VF1100S) of which I've had two and nicknamed them "Big Ugly". :D

Cheers,
Glenn

lol, we are all different, if I won the lottery, I would have a series 1 Toyota Carina II, in 3E4 (garnet), and a cream and burgundy interior.

MSS 23rd February 2019 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2713932)
lol, we are all different, if I won the lottery, I would have a series 1 Toyota Carina II, in 3E4 (garnet), and a cream and burgundy interior.

I would have a Toyota if I lost everything! :}

clf 23rd February 2019 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2713948)
I would have a Toyota if I lost everything! :}

If I had a choice of any car in the every produced, and could only have one, it would be that one, and I would become the richest man in the world. You see, some things carry more value to individuals than just fancy leather, plastic and metal. That car was the one my late grandfather taught me to drive in, trusting me to drive it at 15, and trusted me to learn how to maintain it as a life lesson. All the while knowing I could wreck his pride and joy at any time, but still having faith in me to put it right should it go wrong.

MSS 23rd February 2019 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2714013)
If I had a choice of any car in the every produced, and could only have one, it would be that one, and I would become the richest man in the world. You see, some things carry more value to individuals than just fancy leather, plastic and metal. That car was the one my late grandfather taught me to drive in, trusting me to drive it at 15, and trusted me to learn how to maintain it as a life lesson. All the while knowing I could wreck his pride and joy at any time, but still having faith in me to put it right should it go wrong.

On that basis, mine would be an Austin Princess 2200HL. I learned to drive in my late father's car. A nice, smooth, transverse mounted straight 6.

Mr Bone 23rd February 2019 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by grivas (Post 2713788)

I would love someone to explain how driving a particular type or make of car is compensating for something. :shrug:
Unless its based on the assumption that those that drive cars that others cant afford are physically inferior in some way.

Grow up.