The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MOT time (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290608)

rab60bit 29th November 2018 18:36

MOT time

What a good day for my Contemporary SE 2.5 manual, approaching 157K and a nice (almost) clean 'Pass', apparently some rust on the rear springs was worth a mention.
Last year it was slight play in O/S drop link pin/bush - both new links/front struts from DMGS had been fitted a week prior to the test!!
Very thorough? Not complaining but somehow they missed the fact that there was no front Xenon level sensor, that's two years running.
Stupid codes really, it's OK to dazzle oncoming vehicles (my personal pet hate, especially with newer cars and lazy drivers) but a bit of rust (and that's all it is) on a ruddy thick (rear) spring gets their attention:shrug:
First job for the weekend will be to fit the replacement sensor assembly I've had in a box for 5 months....I know:getmecoat:

BoroRover 29th November 2018 19:53

Congrats on the pass. My 16 year old 75 passed last week, it's a good feeling !!

marinabrian 29th November 2018 21:19

I'm contemplating putting the ZT in for test in the next day or two, should I, shouldn't I????? it's all a bit up in the air really :getmecoat:

I could always salvage the nice bits, and get Mr Scrappit on the phone........it is so disappointing after the work I put into it a couple of weeks ago, and it's not even Monogram Tarmacadam Grey :duh:

It was suggested today that I purchased another ZT, to which I replied, I need another one of these like I need another hole in my backside :mad:

Brian :(

Comfortably Numb 29th November 2018 21:42

Depends on how much space you have for it to stand around. Wife's rusty MGF VVC has been sat in the yard now for 2.5 years now. I sometimes take it for quick splurt down the lane, just to remind me how much fun it could be. But I don't enjoy fixing cars like I used to, and my welding isn't good - which is what it needs - new sills. Praps break it up, store the bits, and maybe one day, you'll find a really nice spec, rust-free one, that just needs the bits you've saved.

marinabrian 30th November 2018 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2690677)
Depends on how much space you have for it to stand around. Wife's rusty MGF VVC has been sat in the yard now for 2.5 years now. I sometimes take it for quick splurt down the lane, just to remind me how much fun it could be. But I don't enjoy fixing cars like I used to, and my welding isn't good - which is what it needs - new sills. Praps break it up, store the bits, and maybe one day, you'll find a really nice spec, rust-free one, that just needs the bits you've saved.

You can imagine the chagrin when asking Santa for one of these :getmecoat:

LINK

Not withstanding, I'll be heading to the MOT station first, as this is not the sort of investment, both time and pecuniary that I'm prepared to make without some sort of assurance it will actually be worth it..........and a car with four weeks MOT doesn't fit into that category :cool:

Ho hum

marinabrian 30th November 2018 20:39

Well I now have a target, if the ZT passes it's MOT on Monday without disgrace, I shall be heading directly to buy a new flywheel and clutch.

The new FBH is playing up, no indicator telltales, so there is another job in the pipeline :getmecoat:

trikey 30th November 2018 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2690875)
The new FBH is playing up, no indicator telltales, so there is another job in the pipeline :getmecoat:

The Newcastle winter has killed it!

marinabrian 30th November 2018 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2690877)

Lol, well it could be worse I suppose, at least the kettle hasn't broken down, and there are biscuits in stock :drool4:

sworks 30th November 2018 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2690877)

Is it not winter in Newcastle all year round :shrug:

Comfortably Numb 30th November 2018 21:26

You can tell when it's winter in Newcastle, - some Toon supporters actually put on a shirt!