The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bought a 75 at last (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282144)

Spongebob 15th April 2018 20:51

Bought a 75 at last

On the day i had an email to say my yearly subscription was about to end, i was browsing through some adverts and saw a 75 for sale.

OK to cut a long story short i am now, at last the owner of a British Racing Green Rover 75. It is only an 03 plate but on a test drive it run very well along with half a tank of diesel in the car.

The last owner sadly passed away and it was of no use to them, I quickly made a phone call and went to see it. I am back in work tomorrow so the next time i will be able to start cleaning and polishing and checking things out will be next weekend, it will go in for a valet, they can do the hard work on the inside just to make it fresh.

MOT until January 2019, good tyres and the best bit, only 53k on the clock. It is only the base model along with cloth seats and a funny thing called a cassette player.lol

Will update and probably want plenty of advice in the near future, I would like to put some leather seats in it too so if any are available at a decent price let me know please.

Photos to follow

Madderz 15th April 2018 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob (Post 2619694)
On the day i had an email to say my yearly subscription was about to end, i was browsing through some adverts and saw a 75 for sale.

OK to cut a long story short i am now, at last the owner of a British Racing Green Rover 75. It is only an 03 plate but on a test drive it run very well along with half a tank of diesel in the car.

The last owner sadly passed away and it was of no use to them, I quickly made a phone call and went to see it. I am back in work tomorrow so the next time i will be able to start cleaning and polishing and checking things out will be next weekend, it will go in for a valet, they can do the hard work on the inside just to make it fresh.

MOT until January 2019, good tyres and the best bit, only 53k on the clock. It is only the base model along with cloth seats and a funny thing called a cassette player.lol

Will update and probably want plenty of advice in the near future, I would like to put some leather seats in it too so if any are available at a decent price let me know please.

Photos to follow

Welcome along at long last mate! :D:D:D

Dorchester2 16th April 2018 09:56

Congratulations! :clap:
And best wishes for your project.
Waiting for pics! :drool4:

Comfortably Numb 16th April 2018 19:39

Sounds lovely. If the interior/seats are good, why change? The leather seats only have leather facings, the rest is vinyl - my front ones are split near the hinges. Fortunately, the seat heaters work, - otherwise cold on the btm in winter. Happy polishing!

Simondi 16th April 2018 19:43

Well done:D

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 16th April 2018 19:45

Well done, good choice of colour. ;)

Gareth.Richards 16th April 2018 19:56

Congratulations with your new acquisition, first thing to do is check the plenums to make sure they are nice and dry and free from dross!
Cheers
Gareth

Spongebob 18th April 2018 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb (Post 2620075)
Sounds lovely. If the interior/seats are good, why change? The leather seats only have leather facings, the rest is vinyl - my front ones are split near the hinges. Fortunately, the seat heaters work, - otherwise cold on the btm in winter. Happy polishing!

Leather is easier to clean when my little dog decides to launch himself into the car before I can clean him after a walk.
Not worried about seat heaters, but just prefer leather.

Spongebob 18th April 2018 21:16

What is more important is the passenger seat height. The Mrs says it is too low. I did mention a cushion but she was not impressed with that so I will need to sort it out so it is higher. It won't be on the road until the end of the month when it will replace the Citroën C5 as a second car.

Dorchester2 19th April 2018 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob (Post 2620975)
What is more important is the passenger seat height. The Mrs says it is too low. I did mention a cushion but she was not impressed with that so I will need to sort it out so it is higher. It won't be on the road until the end of the month when it will replace the Citroën C5 as a second car.

Same remark from my sweetheart! :D
So I bought a cushion from the bay, not too bad.

Anyway how do you intend to manage the trick?
Because if the seat is higher, that doesn't change the car height and unless the Mrs is petite her head may bang up to the upper aperture...:shrug: