The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pictures never lie? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310434)

Steamdrivenandy 12th January 2021 10:20

Pictures never lie?

There's a new ad for a 75 Saloon for sale in Newton Abbot on Autotrader. Browsing it I noticed that in one of the pics it clearly shows a Haynes manual for 75/ZT on the passenger footwell floor.

It made me ponder that showing a manual like that could suggest the seller hasn't much confidence in the car if they have to have instant manual access. Or it could be a show of confidence that the floor is dry and the manual isn't floating or turned to paper mache. Or it could be a way of instilling confidence in a potential buyer that they get a manual thrown in as part of the deal.

Maybe on the other hand, the seller hasn't given much thought to presentation or photographic angles at all.

As an aside to the latter point, if you look at a Toyota dealers used car pictures you'll see they all feature the same photographic positions for every car. I suspect that whoever's takes pics at a Toyota dealership is sent on a course about how to portray a vehicle in it's best light. A lot of sellers could learn a trick or two from that.

planenut 12th January 2021 11:31

I wouldn't read anything into that at all: yes it may have just broken down, or never due to the due diligence by the owner, or it might be included in the sale.

stevestrat 12th January 2021 11:39

If there was a selection of tools lying around I'd be concerned but not about a Haynes manual. Maybe the owner likes reading fiction :D

AndrewJames 12th January 2021 11:51

Maybe he rubs his feet on it on rainy days. Nothing worse than squeaky shoes on pedals.

coab 12th January 2021 13:18

I took a car in part ex and the old chap gave me the Haynes manual. Inside was a lovely note saying “To the next owner I hope you enjoy the car as much as I have and if you need any help it’s all in here, happy motoring!”.
Obviously a chap who loves the car and was old school like Trikey. ( Mind you this older gent didn’t look like an advert from ZZTop!):D

bendrick 12th January 2021 13:48

I never understand those posting up pictures of a 'car for sale' who put them up with the inside of the car absolutely hanging due to the lack of cleaning the seats, hoovering the carpet and picking up all the sweet papers and crisp packets chucked all over the place.

I give them a miss immediately, if they can't even be bothered cleaning up a car for sale then what general maintenance could they be bothered with?

Sonic ZS 12th January 2021 15:49

I wouldn't over think this, the seller's probably just giving the book away with the car ;)

I'd be more happy about the original handbook pack and owners club key fob, both of which you didn't mention !!

StewartIngram 13th January 2021 11:19

Having the Haynes manual puts me off! 2 useless pieces of cardboard either side of a stack of waste paper, I'd rather have the proper Rover manual, or as I have, a copy of RAVE.

grivas 13th January 2021 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steamdrivenandy (Post 2859123)
There's a new ad for a 75 Saloon for sale in Newton Abbot on Autotrader. Browsing it I noticed that in one of the pics it clearly shows a Haynes manual for 75/ZT on the passenger footwell floor.

It made me ponder that showing a manual like that could suggest the seller hasn't much confidence in the car if they have to have instant manual access. Or it could be a show of confidence that the floor is dry and the manual isn't floating or turned to paper mache. Or it could be a way of instilling confidence in a potential buyer that they get a manual thrown in as part of the deal.

Maybe on the other hand, the seller hasn't given much thought to presentation or photographic angles at all.

As an aside to the latter point, if you look at a Toyota dealers used car pictures you'll see they all feature the same photographic positions for every car. I suspect that whoever's takes pics at a Toyota dealership is sent on a course about how to portray a vehicle in it's best light. A lot of sellers could learn a trick or two from that.

Toyota is the world's biggest automotive manufacturer, with some of the best and most well engineered vehicles, budget in the billions etc....so presenting cars for sale is a professional act not a cowboy operation.!

Haynes manual on floor means nothing, other than perhaps that the seller undertakes own services, my advice is buyer beware, if interested, view in person, ask questions, and be prepared to walk away.!

hst125 13th January 2021 22:08

Pictures never lie?

One or two things always make me pass by with ads:
“Here we have”
“My beloved”
“Rare” when it is nothing of the sort
“Needs” unless it’s a project
“But will pass easily”
“My wife/GF doesnt like it”
Any eBay replies in broken English or call me “mate”
And on, and on....
I’m so glad I’ve finally got a car I really like, so I won’t have to tread these murky waters for a good while yet..

Fk me I am getting old and grouchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk