The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Which brake hoses? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319703)

Ravinder 21st June 2022 08:31

Which brake hoses?

For a Rover 75 tourer diesel 2002.

Which one of two do I need? Rimmers seem to have two listed. Many thanks.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-SHB101212

Or

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-SHB000840

Popcorn 21st June 2022 08:57

The second one you list says except 190ps after vin number xyz in the product description, so would presume will fit ,first one listed is blank in product description so presume will fit, best to ring them and ask. :}

Arctic 21st June 2022 09:24

These will fit below why do you need them as the hose split.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304186256...AAAOSwTcphaXBM

DMGRS also sell them

Always double check with any seller.

Ravinder 21st June 2022 10:33

Thanks, guys. I’ve now bought them from DMGRS.

One of my tourer has failed MOT on all four brake hoses. The car has been standing for a while.

xsport 21st June 2022 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2936390)
Thanks, guys. I’ve now bought them from DMGRS.

One of my tourer has failed MOT on all four brake hoses. The car has been standing for a while.

Glad you did not buy the borg and beck. i bought on Ebay the same ones,front and rear and had to send them back. Two had no through holes in 2 of them !! Due to over crimping at the patheticly soft and brittle alloy joins at the ends of the flexis.Also the lengths were not uniform. once whilst trying to locate the spring clips into the grooves of the joins, the alloy snapped.( the spring clips were fitted the correct way round ) .. totally dissapointed. My confidence in borg and beck ,which was once high is now zero. I could have picked a dodgy supplier , but not willing to be messed about again, i bought from rimmers. ... others may have been happy but i certainly was not. Just looking at the quality comparison to others convinced me. this of course is only my experience with them. :eek:

Savestones 21st June 2022 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2936394)
Glad you did not buy the borg and beck. i bought on Ebay the same ones,front and rear and had to send them back. Two had no through holes in 2 of them !! Due to over crimping at the patheticly soft and brittle alloy joins at the ends of the flexis.Also the lengths were not uniform. once whilst trying to locate the spring clips into the grooves of the joins, the alloy snapped.( the spring clips were fitted the correct way round ) .. totally dissapointed. My confidence in borg and beck ,which was once high is now zero. I could have picked a dodgy supplier , but not willing to be messed about again, i bought from rimmers. ... others may have been happy but i certainly was not. Just looking at the quality comparison to others convinced me. this of course is only my experience with them. :eek:

As far as I can see, the brake hoses sold by DMGRS are from Borg and Beck. Rimmers does seem to have the OEM ones for every engine spec.

Ravinder 21st June 2022 12:44

Quote:

I’ve already bought them. I believe they are Borg and Beck ones…. 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COLVERT 21st June 2022 16:30

Quote:

It wasn't Borg and Becks fault.---Cheap copies.---Did you get your money back OK ??

xsport 21st June 2022 17:06

eventually yes.was offered a replacement set but declined. paypal sorted the rest ....

Arctic 21st June 2022 22:11

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Stefan.
On that note i will remove the link above, i purchased from a local Rover MGZT garage, which were the original ones.

I am sure if Rav as bought the B&B ones from DMGRS they will be not sent out if any fault is found on them.