The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Which connects 2 adapter? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=323860)

Stu C 23rd April 2023 10:07

Which connects 2 adapter?

My car had the Hi Line system, of which is run off the standard flat pin iso connectors.

I bought a Pioneer double din and ordered the CTSRV006.2 model of connects 2 steering wheel adapter. My question is, it doesn't work BUT there are other versions on this website https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/vehicles/Rover/75/2004

Could it be I need to use one of these? Has anyone else had a similar issue or using a different model that works? I've even had the multimeter on the steering wheel control wiring on the steering wheel to check if there is power - which there is.

Kind regards

Stu

raykay 23rd April 2023 14:06

Did you also get the adapter lead? it is needed to connect the lead you have to the particular stereo make/model.

Stu C 23rd April 2023 14:37

Yup have the Pioneer lead. Everything is plugged into the right connector blocks, all clicked into place.

I'm just not sure why there would be 3 different models of adapter, and if so is the one have not the correct one?

raykay 23rd April 2023 17:35

Connects2 website for the CTSRV006.2 shows two different adapter leads for a Pioneer, it may be worth checking with them if you need a different one.

Stu C 23rd April 2023 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by raykay (Post 2967200)
Connects2 website for the CTSRV006.2 shows two different adapter leads for a Pioneer, it may be worth checking with them if you need a different one.

Just checked the Connects site, thanks for that I can ask them tomorrow and see if I can swap the patch lead

hogweed 23rd April 2023 19:48

You do know that you have to program the stereo to each wheel control don't you... ?

raykay 24th April 2023 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogweed (Post 2967214)
You do know that you have to program the stereo to each wheel control don't you... ?

That is what the Connects2 leads do. They convert the steering wheel control output to an input recognised by the stereo.

hogweed 24th April 2023 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by raykay (Post 2967277)
That is what the Connects2 leads do. They convert the steering wheel control output to an input recognised by the stereo.

Oh, I know. But you have to tell the stereo which switch is which :D

Until you do that, it might as well not be connected.

raykay 24th April 2023 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogweed (Post 2967284)
Oh, I know. But you have to tell the stereo which switch is which :D

Until you do that, it might as well not be connected.

That is what the Connects2 leads do. There are two cables to the steering wheel switches, the switches connect different resistances between the cables, the stereo recognises the different resistances and changes its function.
The Connects2 system does what you describe as needed, it converts the different switch resistances to an input the stereo recognises and it changes its function. That is what is causing the OP's problem, the Connects2 leads are not working correctly (they should be plug-n-play).

hogweed 24th April 2023 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by raykay (Post 2967288)
That is what the Connects2 leads do. There are two cables to the steering wheel switches, the switches connect different resistances between the cables, the stereo recognises the different resistances and changes its function.
The Connects2 system does what you describe as needed, it converts the different switch resistances to an input the stereo recognises and it changes its function. That is what is causing the OP's problem, the Connects2 leads are not working correctly (they should be plug-n-play).

Not when I have used them. I have always had to invoke the switch programming module on the stereo, and tell it which switch I wanted to use for which function.

Perhaps on some stereos it's plug and play as you describe, but I've never encountered it.