The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Gallons coming back? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315329)

MissMoppet 18th September 2021 09:09

Gallons coming back?

Did you see that our wonderful forward looking government wants to bring back pounds and ounces, now that we've sprung free from that iniquitous crowd over the channel? So maybe gallons at the pump next? Not entirely sure how we're going to explain to our grandchildren that an ounce is the new way ahead, but no doubt teacher will explain.

MSS 18th September 2021 09:47

Nah, fluid ounces! :D

patrolman pete 18th September 2021 09:58

I don’t think we could take the shock of seeing £6.40 a gallon , mind you I’m paying £7 for 4 litres of paraffin for my Tilley lamp !

coolguy 18th September 2021 10:20

Manufacturers have continued to show their economy? figures in gallons (mpg), so I don't see a problem at all. Saves converting litres into gallons before working out our MPG.

I think we shall also see pounds and ounces back - no longer illegal for shops to sell this way.

Simondi 18th September 2021 10:51

I hope they don't revert to imperial measurements.
If this is a serious suggestion then it is clear they have too much time on their hands and could maybe be thinking about the important issues facing our country

edwardmk 18th September 2021 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2900078)
I hope they don't revert to imperial measurements.
If this is a serious suggestion then it is clear they have too much time on their hands and could maybe be thinking about the important issues facing our country

Have to agree there. Feels like an attempt at a populist diversionary tactic if true, which would involve a lot of pointless expenses for many businesses.

itcaptainslow 18th September 2021 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardmk (Post 2900079)
Have to agree there. Feels like an attempt at a populist diversionary tactic if true, which would involve a lot of pointless expenses for many businesses.

Exactly this, unfortunately there are many who will lap it up unquestionably, and the government know this.

roverbarmy 18th September 2021 11:21

It's so that we can all go back to earning £20 a week and pay two bob a pint for our beer. Will we be able to get a shot of Redex for a penny too?:D

Gremlin 18th September 2021 15:12

I still use MPG :shrug:

So where is the problem?

And I did object to the EU making use of lbs on oz illegal. What the heck was the point? Use both.

We still use Miles as a distance of measurement.

I will be pleased to see lbs and oz’s back again.

Mind you - I still weigh myself in Stones and lbs and have always done so. Does that mean I have been breaking the law?

It will be nice to weigh my nuts in lbs.

Gremlin 18th September 2021 15:20

Should add - we have a cob nut tree in our garden.

Cobblers.