The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cars of the phoenix four? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314100)

biffa75 15th July 2021 06:45

Cars of the phoenix four?

Having seen a thread the other that stated that the posters car may have been registered to John towers, this got me thinking..

There's a few pictures and old documentaries that show the 75s that John towers owned or I assume so..

I wonder whatever happened to them or if he still owns at least one as he appeared to be a rover man over mg from what I've seen.

Having also seen the zs saloon 180 that belonged to John Edwards wife that they are said to have sold in January 2006. I wonder if any of the phoenix four own any mg or rover cars today. Anyone any ideas?

May seem a bit of an odd question, just curious to know..

Rob

torque2me 15th July 2021 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffa75 (Post 2891284)
Having seen a thread the other that stated that the posters car may have been registered to John towers, this got me thinking..

There's a few pictures and old documentaries that show the 75s that John towers owned or I assume so..

I wonder whatever happened to them or if he still owns at least one as he appeared to be a rover man over mg from what I've seen.

Having also seen the zs saloon 180 that belonged to John Edwards wife that they are said to have sold in January 2006. I wonder if any of the phoenix four own any mg or rover cars today. Anyone any ideas?

May seem a bit of an odd question, just curious to know..

Rob

I've no doubt that they have Merc's or BMW's and probably always have. A man committed to MGR would not have siphoned money away.

Kev

coab 16th July 2021 05:45

verb INFORMAL•BRITISH

past tense: trousered; past participle: trousered

receive or take (something, especially money) for oneself; pocket.
"they claimed that he had trousered a £2 million advance"

:D

bl52krz 16th July 2021 21:36

Someone having a giraffe? More like Rolls or Bentley in the drive.Even an Aston or two.

steve-45 16th July 2021 21:46

It’s unusual that company directors have a car registered to them, they are normally owned by the company and registered to the company.

That was certainly the case with our company cars, and as they were not registered in your name you needed written permission to take the car out of the country, to prove that you had the right to use it.

biffa75 16th July 2021 22:23

What got me Asking this was the fact that John towers was often pictured with a 75 of some description. The 75 he was pictured with a champagne glass in his hand, appears to have been scrapped in 2011.

There's a sky news nugget on YouTube that shows a property owned by John towers with a facelift 75 tourer outside.. makes me wonder whatever happened to it.

Due to working nights, boredom often takes over. Having done a quick street view, I could be wrong but through bushes outside the property, the 75 tourer could still be there.

Sonic ZS 18th July 2021 11:18

I doubt very much that the Phoenix Four want any connection with MG Rover nowadays. I have no doubt that the media have provided a reasonably accurate account of their actions prior to the collapse and final report.

They are all very unlikely to be driving cars that are at very best worth a few thousand pounds nowadays, as others have said it'll be new BMW's or Audi's or Jags.

Does anyone know where the famous four are or what they're doing now ?

kaiser 18th July 2021 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2891677)
I doubt v..................and pounds nowadays, as others have said it'll be new BMW's or Audi's or Jags.

Does anyone know where the famous four are or what they're doing now ?

Famous four?
Should be "Infamous four" I suggest!:o

WillyHeckaslike 18th July 2021 13:51

Can't see The Reds ever wanting any association with the four, they've been under woke attack for some years for their connection to The Famous Five via the decades-old naming of one of their main formations ... Enid. :eek: :getmecoat: .

sworks 18th July 2021 15:09

I suppose they owned mine, at least they bought it off the receivers after closure so they could still donate it to the air ambulance service......

In reality any cars they were seen in will of been company cars registered to MGR