The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Desil fuel pump running on.. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90093)

Phil th Barrow 5th August 2011 12:18

Desil fuel pump running on..

Changed all my filters yesterday(Fuel, air and cabin), then took it for a run out to see if all was ok. Got back turned engine off open bonnet and all was well.. Turned on ignition and full pump kept running.. Never heard this before but iv never had th ignition on with bonnet up either, so is this normal..

Also should th cabin filter be that dirty.. Im guessing no one had changed mine in th 41000 miles its done from new or do they all come out like that.. Glad i did it though as th drain hole below was full of debris..

suffolk boy 5th August 2011 14:48

the fuel pump runs when you turn on the ignition this is normal it will stop after a while if you dont start the engine .i am sure it is ok otherwise overnight it will have run down the battery and the car would not start.have a listen if it does not stop check all the plugs make sure they are tight

COLVERT 5th August 2011 20:03

Both front and rear pumps will run with the ignition on but with the engine off. Should both stop in less than a minute.

Change that filter before legionnaires disease strikes. Lol.

Colvert. :p::p::p:

Phil th Barrow 5th August 2011 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 777515)
Both front and rear pumps will run with the ignition on but with the engine off. Should both stop in less than a minute.

Change that filter before legionnaires disease strikes. Lol.

Colvert. :p::p::p:

Yep filter changed:party: and iv checked th pump and it does turn off after a while... Just thought it ran on a bit to long for me but must be normal..

Phil th Barrow 5th August 2011 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffolk boy (Post 777278)
the fuel pump runs when you turn on the ignition this is normal it will stop after a while if you dont start the engine .i am sure it is ok otherwise overnight it will have run down the battery and the car would not start.have a listen if it does not stop check all the plugs make sure they are tight

Yep its stops... Just didnt wait long enough i guess.. Thanks.

tomcat22 11th May 2022 12:24

well, I have a car here, where the pumps don't stop with ignition off.
Battery empty twice
Need to check ECU I think

Even removing link 3 & 12 in the engine compartment did not stop them :eek:

COLVERT 11th May 2022 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcat22 (Post 2931573)
well, I have a car here, where the pumps don't stop with ignition off.
Battery empty twice
Need to check ECU I think

Even removing link 3 & 12 in the engine compartment did not stop them :eek:

Could be the pump relay is sticking.---Might need replacing.

When you re-charge your battery give it over 24 hours.---;)

tomcat22 13th May 2022 04:39

might have been the relay, I replaced it

But before I could start, I just parked the car to another place and after that the fuel pumps stopped, like they should, so I am not sure if it was the relay

COLVERT 13th May 2022 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcat22 (Post 2931787)
might have been the relay, I replaced it

But before I could start, I just parked the car to another place and after that the fuel pumps stopped, like they should, so I am not sure if it was the relay

Time will tell.---Best of luck with it.---:D