The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Probably another government idea to raise money by hitting the motorist (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309282)

Mickyboy 16th November 2020 10:26

Probably another government idea to raise money by hitting the motorist

Another way for this so called government to raise money, or should I say extract Money from the motorist, 😡

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...roads-23016114

Mick

planenut 16th November 2020 10:53

I personally think that the Tax should be on road use and not on engine type. The road infrastructure is required by all vehicles and is not reduced by someone going "electric".

COLVERT 16th November 2020 11:03

The increase should be on fuel. The more you use the more you pay.

( However, much too sensible an idea to be taken up.--:shrug: )

Why should folk pay the same fee when using a small economic car as those using a heavy gas guzzler ??

wraymond 16th November 2020 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2848565)

Why should folk pay the same fee when using a small economic car as those using a heavy gas guzzler ??

For the same reason that everyone who drinks, smokes, or dies: you pay for the use of the 'service' as a way of providing other 'services' whether you use them or not.

In the meantime those that can pay more, pay others who can tell them how to pay less. In other words, how to pay less for the same service or to avoid paying for it altogether. The principle, if you can use that word, is neither fair nor voluntary.

another_clean_sheet 16th November 2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2848565)

So electric cars go free?

chris75 16th November 2020 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet (Post 2848576)
So electric cars go free?

Fit them with a smart meter and send them a monthly bill :}

KWIL 16th November 2020 12:16

On that basis I am already paying 8p a mile (or there abouts) so as long as there is no excise duty on petrol, I would be happy.

Mind you the costs of collecting such road use tolls could well be very expensive.

AndyN01 16th November 2020 12:34

Shock, horror.....

If we give a massive incentive to own a particular type of transport then not too far down the road the money pot is going to shrink :duh::duh:.

Many have already said that it won't be long before a way of "taxing" electric vehicles will arise.

I'm glad I haven't got the job of trying to balance the books and use of the phrase "Poll Tax" is bound to send shivers down any politicians spine (if they can find one :D).

COLVERT 16th November 2020 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2848588)
Shock, horror.....

If we give a massive incentive to own a particular type of transport then not too far down the road the money pot is going to shrink :duh::duh:.

Many have already said that it won't be long before a way of "taxing" electric vehicles will arise.

I'm glad I haven't got the job of trying to balance the books and use of the phrase "Poll Tax" is bound to send shivers down any politicians spine (if they can find one :D).

A way of taxing ????

Easily done. Fit them with a satellite tracking system and make them pay for the miles travelled.

All the technology exists now and could very easily be adapted to cars.---:eek::eek::eek:

Also a roadside checking system to scan each car and send off the appropriate bill every week.

Electronically linked to your bank account.--No money in your account so the car is switched off until your account is in the black.--( Big brother is always watching you. )

I bet you think I'm joking.---:shrug:--Think again.

GJ53 DGO 16th November 2020 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2848628)
A way of taxing ????

Easily done. Fit them with a satellite tracking system and make them pay for the miles travelled.

All the technology exists now and could very easily be adapted to cars.---:eek::eek::eek:

Also a roadside checking system to scan each car and send off the appropriate bill every week.

Electronically linked to your bank account.--No money in your account so the car is switched off until your account is in the black.--( Big brother is always watching you. )

I bet you think I'm joking.---:shrug:--Think again.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you!