The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Warning About Member therw43 / [email protected] (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=322975)

Reebs 14th February 2023 22:27

Warning About Member therw43 / [email protected]

This is a forum wide warning about a new member who joined on Saturday and has wasted no time in scamming one of our members. Thanks to that member contacting me, we've been able to confirm he has form on other forums and we have now banned him from ours.

This is a copy of the message sent to one of our members by him

Quote:

Originally Posted by therw43
You must have missed the post of louis09 about 2.5L Torpedo badges for sale some days ago... I asked him about it and he said it's still available with him. Here's his Email
[email protected]

If you have received a PM or email from therw43 which mentions a desirable part you are looking for and to contact an email address at [email protected]

DO NOT respond or contact them, it is a bogus seller and it is a scam!

This scammer has form all over the net, take a look at these two examples from other forums

:smilie_re: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...1544&start=270

and

:smilie_re: https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/129471...meone-on-here/

Just to reiterate, this member has now been banned, but please all be on your guard for anything to do with [email protected] and steer well clear.

ceedy 15th February 2023 09:12

thanks for the info Paul . Had that private message suggesting I contact him ..

Almost an identical worded message , except for the item name

Just in the middle of messaging about a Bonnet for the 260.

Seems he? wants to send one from Ireland ?

macafee2 15th February 2023 09:20

Thank you for the heads up.
To the member that was scammed, I'm sorry you were scammed, do speak to the police, may be a waste of time but who knows.
How was money paid, is there any help there?

macafee2

Reebs 15th February 2023 09:26

It could be that therw43 was trawling the Items Wanted forum and targeting those that posted they were looking for particular things? Ceedy, I know you had a thread looking for a bonnet in there?

ceedy 15th February 2023 09:34

I'm pretty wary of this sort of thing, so unlikely to have sent anything, would have sussed him out, but thanks for the heads up .. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reebs (Post 2960914)
It could be that therw43 was trawling the Items Wanted forum and targeting those that posted they were looking for particular things? Ceedy, I know you had a thread looking for a bonnet in there?

Robson Rover Repair 15th February 2023 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2960910)

Seems he? wants to send one from Ireland :D:duh:.

Could someone confirm he was posting from Ireland? Any other details.

Torpedo badges where some of the hundreds of parts stolen from me.

bl52krz 15th February 2023 13:41

Thanks for the heads up on this scammer Paul. We need to weed any of these obnoxious people out from anywhere, especially our great club. I hope we get some info on where he is based so that Robson can take it up in Ireland.

ceedy 15th February 2023 13:52

That's where he said was, in the reply to my email ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair (Post 2960938)

ceedy 15th February 2023 16:22

would this seller ? be viewing this thread ?
Still in conversation here ..;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair (Post 2960938)

Steeleyscoot 16th February 2023 07:50

Hi Everyone,
I was the unfortunate victim of this scammer.

They responded to my post in the Wanted Section for Torpedo Badges and I received an email within the hour from the bogus forum member (therw43) with an email address for someone based in Ireland claiming to have two badges for sale @ £70.

In my excitement I replied and had an email exchange with the seller who asked for payment via PayPal (Friends & Family).

Having made the payment all went quiet and none of my emails were answered.

Fortunately I was able to cancel the payment having spoken to my bank and PayPal, however on this occassion I believe i was fortunate as PayPal do not provide buyer protection for Friends & Friends. It was only because I intitiated a stop on the transaction so quickly that I didn't lose £70.

Having contacted Paul (Reebs) the same day, I would like to thank him for acting very quickly on this matter and for doing the research to show this scammer has form elsewhere.

As the old saying goes - 'if its too good to be true, then it probably is.!'.....