The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The film "Yesterday" (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315309)

Neonaise 16th September 2021 21:25

The film "Yesterday"

Don't know if this has been mentioned befor, apologies if it has.

The film Yesterday which is about a budding musician who has a freak accident and then realises the world is now a place where the Beatles never existed.

It's a great film but check out the scene where he goes to visit an unknown John Lennon. Check out the taxi...

Mac.

bikerdude666 16th September 2021 21:27

My wife spotted it, then was immediately disappointed with herself that she’s got to recognise the cars, and from such a distance too!

guru 17th September 2021 02:05

The scene where he plays to school children was filmed at my girl's school and my eldest is in the film in the front row of the audience! She loved the filming day and got to have a chat with Danny Boyle. She was bored waiting for the scene to start so she started drawing and he came over to chat to her about her pictures!

Many of the other scenes were filmed in the villages round the broads, it was very odd seeing one of the scenes in a beer garden we often visit just a couple of miles down the road.

Number 6 17th September 2021 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neonaise (Post 2899872)
Don't know if this has been mentioned befor, apologies if it has.

The film Yesterday which is about a budding musician who has a freak accident and then realises the world is now a place where the Beatles never existed.

It's a great film but check out the scene where he goes to visit an unknown John Lennon. Check out the taxi...

Mac.

When I watched the film to the point where he met the unknown John Lennon The uncanny resemblance to lennon Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Great Film.

spongeh 17th September 2021 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2899911)
When I watched the film to the point where he met the unknown John Lennon The uncanny resemblance to lennon Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Great Film.

Robert Carlyle was breath taking as Lennon, a totally amazing scene.

Loved the whole film

Teflon 17th September 2021 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongeh (Post 2899920)
Robert Carlyle was breath taking as Lennon, a totally amazing scene.

Loved the whole film

:eek::eek: I had no idea that was Robert Carlyle!! Just watched the scene again on Youtube and still can't recognise him. An amazing job by the makeup/effects team, as well as Robert Carlyle himself.

Cliff

roverbarmy 17th September 2021 11:57

Lovely film, great locations, great music. What more do you need?:shrug:

Neonaise 17th September 2021 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2899953)
Lovely film, great locations, great music. What more do you need?:shrug:

More taxis in my area like that....

patrolman pete 17th September 2021 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2899911)

I’ll have to admit as a lifelong Beatles fan that the shock of that scene had a lump in my throat and tears welling in my eyes. It was one of those ‘if only ‘ moments. My eyes are getting shiny now seeing the still on here!