The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Does anyone want my car? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308587)

steveandjanes75 14th October 2020 22:56

Does anyone want my car?

My wife's Rover 75 CDTi connoisseur has sat unused for nearly two years. I cannot sell it as a runner as it is in a sorry state. The engine and newly fitted clutch are great (new clutch just prior to being SORN) but as she has been left so long I cannot start it, and externally it is really dirty. So selling as a donor car for parts or for someone to put right. Why has it sat there so long? My
wife clipped the rear nearside wing on a post, we didn't have it repaired, she then bought a new little electric car and I wanted to keep the 75, so temporarily SORN it but then never got around to doing anything with it and so has sat where it is ever since.
I have been tempted to take it to the salvage yard, but hate that idea, so thought it would benefit another 75 owner better for parts than crushing.
So message me if interested.
Thanks Steve.
PS were near Ashford in Kent.

SD1too 15th October 2020 07:31

Hi Steve,

From what you've said I don't agree that it's donor or scrapyard fodder. Did you know that there's a forum section specifically for cars for sale? Here it is:

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...splay.php?f=61

I'd recommend that you copy your description to that and, most importantly, add an interior and exterior picture including the minor bodywork damage. People are always looking for an interesting project at the right price! :}

Simon

sworks 15th October 2020 10:43

Steve, to advertise in the for sale section requires a paid subscription. Paying £10 to be a member to sell may be cost effective in getting a sale. Getting something for the car is better than getting nothing. You might be surprised at what it’s true value is even as a car that’s not on the road. Only you can decide if you want to place a proper advert with photos but good luck either way, I’m sure the car will go to a new home either way.

COLVERT 15th October 2020 20:34

Steve, when you look in again' can you give us any idea what you want for it please.??

Graham1961 17th October 2020 12:27

Steven.

Is the car being offered for free ?

If this is the case, I can put this post in the freebies section.

If the car is for sale you will have to subscribe as per rules.

COLVERT 17th October 2020 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham1961 (Post 2842827)
Steven.

Is the car being offered for free ?

If this is the case, I can put this post in the freebies section.

If the car is for sale you will have to subscribe as per rules.

Steve looked in yesterday but not a word from him.

Perhaps the idea of subscribing has frightened him off.---:shrug:

Rickshaw 18th October 2020 09:16

Save it!

If at all possible the main thrust should be to save this car so please get it on the for sale site. It seems to me that, unless riven with rust, most 75's are saveable these days . There are a good range of:-
  • Traders on our club offering all manner of Services / parts
  • Suppliers like DMGRS / Rimmers
  • Excellent 'How toos'
  • Valuable posts / pictures on the club

I would be interested in the car mentioned but currently have an eye on one round the corner from me that I might save !

Mickyboy 18th October 2020 17:39

I might be interested in saving it, but obviously need to know a price and some more details, if the seller could drop me a pm with some details I’ll see what I can do
Love to save them if I can, it’s a kind of passion
Mick

trikey 18th October 2020 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2843061)
it’s a kind of passion
Mick

It's a kind of illness more like Mick!

COLVERT 20th October 2020 15:07

I think, maybe, that removing Steve's phone number has upset him and now he's not talking to us.----:cry: