The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Double Din Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Navall 3 Ipod Cable. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=217772)

aircub 3rd June 2015 09:33

Navall 3 Ipod Cable.

The iPod cable supplied is the old 30 pin version, can you use an adapter to covert to lightning or is there a lightning cable that will work with the unit.?

Dorset Bob 3rd June 2015 12:12

There are plenty on ebay like this one. :}

aircub 3rd June 2015 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorset Bob (Post 2014746)
There are plenty on ebay like this one. :}

Do you know if all the functions work or does it just charge the iPod?

Dorset Bob 3rd June 2015 12:37

Sorry, I don't know, I have a old 30 pin type plugged into an ipod playing through a Wince unit.
I would imagine a genuine Apple adapter would work though. :shrug:

aircub 3rd June 2015 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorset Bob (Post 2014772)
Sorry, I don't know, I have a old 30 pin type plugged into an ipod playing through a Wince unit.
I would imagine a genuine Apple adapter would work though. :shrug:

OK, I have an adapter already so when i install i will try it out.

Christopher 29th June 2015 18:48

Playing with my new unit (liking it so far! :D) and picking out various needs/wants ... is there any chance the iPod cable will ever go from the old style iPod connector to the new style lightening connector? (so you don't have to use an adaptor? to use one on mine I have to remove the phone from its case which is not always convenient).

coolcat 29th June 2015 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 2034794)
Playing with my new unit (liking it so far! :D) and picking out various needs/wants ... is there any chance the iPod cable will ever go from the old style iPod connector to the new style lightening connector? (so you don't have to use an adaptor? to use one on mine I have to remove the phone from its case which is not always convenient).

I doubt it as you can use mirroring to control and stream content without having to connect a lead .

Also the iPod/iPhone interface on all of the double din units is a bit clunky and remember even if you don't use an AirPlay app you can always Bluetooth your music to the unit:}

Christopher 29th June 2015 20:51

OK - I need to figure out Airplay then - never used it - how do I do that? (I'll try the manual; but it doesn't appear to be overflowing with info!) :D

Thanks!

coolcat 29th June 2015 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 2034955)
OK - I need to figure out Airplay then - never used it - how do I do that? (I'll try the manual; but it doesn't appear to be overflowing with info!) :D

Thanks!

It won't be in the manual as it's an app rather than part of the unit itself;)

It's loaded on the unit along with other apps but you have to install it.
I think it's called Airpin:}

Christopher 29th June 2015 20:56

Thanks Looking into it :)

best