The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   May V Corbyn on TV now (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268157)

macafee2 29th May 2017 20:30

May V Corbyn on TV now

just watching the thing on tv with May and Corbyn.
I don't support any political party.
Until now I preferred May to not Corbyn but feel Corbyn has so far tonight done better then May. In fact May is still on and I've walked out for a break from her.
May be we will see a labour government

macafee2

Darcydog 29th May 2017 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2499320)
just watching the thing on tv with May and Corbyn.
I don't support any political party.
Until now I preferred May to not Corbyn but feel Corbyn has so far tonight done better then May. In fact May is still on and I've walked out for a break from her.
May be we will see a labour government

macafee2

Hmmm - I always felt Mays lack of charisma was I real issue for her - and despite my feelings that Corbyn is totally unsuitable to lead anything more than a dog with dementia - I do believe he is one of our more honest politicians and for that he gets enormous credit from me - but little else.

mbev51 29th May 2017 20:38

Didn't he do well! I've not voted labour since the gang of 4 days, this time I will. I think they will be some surprised people on hearing the election result. I don't think labour will get in, I think the Tories will just sneak it. That is as it should be, they need to take Brexit all the way to a conclusion. They can then take the full blame or credit for the future state of the UK.

Gate Keeper 29th May 2017 20:49

David Cameron famously said that he was the future and look at what happened to him. The polls are certainly narrowing on the Tory lead. Anything is possible in British politics ;) I missed the TV programme preferring to watch "Lord of the rings" instead :)

murphyv310 29th May 2017 21:06

I wish folk would stop giving Corbyn a hard time. He has had big support and voted in twice which we all forget. How can we also say he will be a weak leader...... No one knows till the person gets the job. Give him a chance and stop bleating.

sworks 29th May 2017 21:18

Let's keep it civil, political posts aren't allowed but as this was tv related tonight it can stay for the time being as long as it's civilised

Gate Keeper 29th May 2017 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2499348)
I wish folk would stop giving Corbyn a hard time. He has had big support and voted in twice which we all forget. How can we also say he will be a weak leader...... No one knows till the person gets the job. Give him a chance and stop bleating.

You have my support Trevor. I seem to remember that when you were a moderator that you asked if people would refrain from making derogatory comments about the political parties.

murphyv310 29th May 2017 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2499356)
You have my support Trevor. I seem to remember that when you were a moderator that you asked if people would refrain from making derogatory comments about the political parties.

Thank you Phil.
I'd not like the thread to be closed.
We are heading for a very traumatic time, I really think this time it's time to think out of the box and hopefully whoever is elected they will realize that many are I'll, disabled, poor and not one of the rich. We need strengthening in the UK as one friendly nation having one goal to live and work in peace.
Do we still want austerity that hasn't worked with the date going further into the future, do we want the same old thing going on and on or shall we move on and make our country fairer than it is.
I really think the electorate should just for once be compassionate rather than being selfish.

Gate Keeper 29th May 2017 21:50

I think that in order to keep this thread going, some reference has to be made to how it relates to the TV debate and for members to avoid getting personal or making hateful remarks. For sure its a time for much soul searching. I am in a dilemma. My local MP is a good mate but I don't like what his party stands for. If I vote for him, I would feel hypocritical. I am in Scotland for polling day and have asked for a postal vote. I think to keep this thread going will require careful and considerate postings :) I hope folks will be up to the task.

macafee2 29th May 2017 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyv310 (Post 2499348)

posts before in this thread actually seemed to give credit to corbyn,

macafee2