The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   No longer Roverless (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295901)

slovcan 20th May 2019 16:09

No longer Roverless

2 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

Our friends are just now driving our new-to-us 2005 Rover 75 Tourer CDT manual (MK2) to our home in Slovakia. It is the one I posted a link for a couple of weeks ago.

They report that it does drive good and they like it. They did say it has a few little plastic interior noises and the fuel gauge does not work. That part was discovered when they fuelled it up. You know, cars on sellers' lots are always practically empty of fuel, so not apparent that the gauge was U/S. The trip computer does work, though, so not driving blind with regard to fuel range.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Cheers,
Glenn

Yorkshire GOC 20th May 2019 16:47

Congratulations - in X Power Grey as well - very nice;)

slovcan 20th May 2019 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2734945)
Congratulations - in X Power Grey as well - very nice;)

:D Thank you! Folks around here like to make fun of grey, don't they. I don't get it. Grey is so much more versatile than those boring reds, greens, blues, and those terrible monogram colours!

:D KIDDING!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers,
Glenn

marinabrian 20th May 2019 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2734950)
:D Thank you! Folks around here like to make fun of grey, don't they. I don't get it. Grey is so much more versatile than those boring reds, greens, blues, and those terrible monogram colours!

:D KIDDING!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers,
Glenn

Lol, Monogram Tarmacadam Glenn :D

Anyway if the fuel gauge is not working, the first port of call is to perform and IPK self test, and if the gauge moves ok, then to check that no one has been into the tank and damaged the sender unit(s)

Brian :D

FLYING BANANA 20th May 2019 17:43

Congratulations on the buy.

slovcan 20th May 2019 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2734963)
Lol, Monogram Tarmacadam Glenn :D

:D At least you didn't call it Battleship Grey!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2734963)
Anyway if the fuel gauge is not working, the first port of call is to perform and IPK self test, and if the gauge moves ok, then to check that no one has been into the tank and damaged the sender unit(s)

Brian :D

Thanks Brian. I probably won't meet her in person for another month (unforeseen trip delay). But, that's the first thing I'll do. I can't imagine why someone would have been in the tank with it having the one pump system and relatively low kms. Hopefully the IPK self test will result in a self heal. ;)

Cheers,
Glenn

cat 20th May 2019 18:42

Congratulations
I admire your patience and I hope it exceeds your expectations.

trikey 20th May 2019 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2734968)
:D At least you didn't call it Battleship Grey!

Battleship grey is much nicer :D :getmecoat:

slovcan 20th May 2019 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2735024)
Battleship grey is much nicer :D :getmecoat:

OUCH! :duh: :D

trikey 20th May 2019 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2735027)
OUCH! :duh: :D

Couldn't resist :D