The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ministers back down on disability benefits (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278363)

Kennyeth 21st January 2018 07:13

Ministers back down on disability benefits

This must come as a big relief to a lot of people, it does not affect me but there may be some on here or someone you know that will benefit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42745616
Ken.

rustymotor 21st January 2018 07:49

Hi, the PIP system also penalised those with mobility cars, they took 900 cars per week off people..these are specially adapted vehicles that the disabled person can lease. More Info

Kennyeth 21st January 2018 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustymotor (Post 2586601)
Hi, the PIP system also penalised those with mobility cars, they took 900 cars per week off people..these are specially adapted vehicles that the disabled person can lease. More Info

Yes they did, I know what motobillity vehicles are so let us hope that these will now be returned, the whole thing is disgraceful.
Ken.

macafee2 21st January 2018 12:23

and it seems they are not going to challenge the release of john worboys.
Who will be answerable if he attacks again?
Also disgraceful but just in case https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/ch...rboys-release/

macafee2

Vossy 21st January 2018 12:54

We have a relative who has had very bad health, strokes and everything that follow for over ten years, the husband had to give up his business to care for her when she stated having unpredictable blackouts, when to tories came to power they have virtually destroyed their life and income over seven years, they did the right thing and both worked, brought a house and saved for retirement. When they needed help they were first told to spend their retirement fund, when that had gone (over 40k) they got a little help with DLA etc, now that changed and has put them through hell once again trying to claim PIP, we were speaking to them last week and I was told that since 2010 when the tories came in they have lost almost £4,500 pa, there are no increases in benefits for disabled people for some very strange reason and if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't.
You only discover these things when something happens in life, we all think that people who claim benefits are just in it for the money but we must remember, child benefit, tax credits and pension credit are all benefits.
A caring society we are not unless you are from another land.

A bit of a rant but after speaking to the rellies it really fired me up, apologies.

frankson 21st January 2018 13:33

Not pleasing

''if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't''.
So you are assuming everyone who lives in council/social housing, is jobless and on benefits and reaping the rewards at the taxpayers expense? What do you think about private-rent tenants? I know plenty (including my own sons, who are paying a fortune in rents, unable to be able to save and get on the housing ladder - I find your comments displeasing.

Vossy 21st January 2018 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankson (Post 2586748)
''if they lived in a council house or social housing they would be almost £100 a week better off.
Does working and doing the right thing really pay off? Not if you need help at some point it doesn't''.
So you are assuming everyone who lives in council/social housing, is jobless and on benefits and reaping the rewards at the taxpayers expense? What do you think about private-rent tenants? I know plenty (including my own sons, who are paying a fortune in rents, unable to be able to save and get on the housing ladder - I find your comments displeasing.

If people are out of work then they can claim £80 a week towards rental, if it's a council house then all of the rent is paid, if you have a mortgage which my relatives do then you receive no help towards that cost. I was simply putting forward their situation and the facts of that. Your sons are not the point here, we are talking about disabled people being disadvantaged. At no time did I say I assume all council tenants or people who rent are jobless. Remember assumption is the mother of all f***ups.

Darcydog 21st January 2018 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2586759)
If people are out of work then they can claim £80 a week towards rental, if it's a council house then all of the rent is paid, if you have a mortgage which my relatives do then you receive no help towards that cost. I was simply putting forward their situation and the facts of that. Your sons are not the point here, we are talking about disabled people being disadvantaged. At no time did I say I assume all council tenants or people who rent are jobless. Remember assumption is the mother of all f***ups.

This is true - if you rent and have an illness or lose your job then the authorities find it easier to pay your rent for you.

In contrast - if you have a mortgage - you get virtually no help until all you have worked for is gone.

frankson 21st January 2018 16:10

Council houses

Does working and doing the right thing really pay off?''
Your statement implies that those who rent whether it be private or council and for whatever reason, are ''doing the wrong thing''
I bet all of your 'facts' come from the rabid pages of the daily mail!:duh:

macafee2 21st January 2018 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2586768)
This is true - if you rent and have an illness or lose your job then the authorities find it easier to pay your rent for you.

In contrast - if you have a mortgage - you get virtually no help until all you have worked for is gone.

my sister has ill health and for this reason she now rents, worried that in time she wont be able to work and could lose her house.

macafee2