The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Big Brothers after your dosh (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313440)

AndyN01 11th June 2021 07:56

Yes, it probably is a money spinner but AFAIK there's a general Policing view that little but flagrant law breaking such as illegal number plates gives a clue about the general attitude to breaking the Law and often leads to much, much more significant criminality such as things that have been mentioned like no MoT/insurance/drink/drugs etc. etc. Someone has made a deliberate decision to change their plate to something that's illegal.

The vast majority of "altered" plates I see are driven by drivers who seem to have no respect or care for any other road user. Me, me, me. Get out of my way. I'm important. Things to do. Places to go. Deals to do. How dare you use MY road....etc.

Stay safe out there.

bl52krz 11th June 2021 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRob (Post 2885642)
Sorry, but how does a number plate with incorrectly spaced letters make a vehicle unroadworthy or a danger to other road users?

It does not make it unroadworthy. It does make it That it contravenes certain rules & regulations. Or perhaps all the other rules and regulations surrounding vehicles do not matter? About time some of you people thought before you posted. Sorry but there are to many people who think they can do what they like these days. It’s a good job I don’t have the capacity to do what I like. There would be less people on the road in vehicles. Rant over.

bl52krz 11th June 2021 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by It runs (Post 2885637)
If the number can be read by anpr then it just a money making project. Just another dig at our freedom.
My number plates on and off have been mis spaced but perfectly legible .
Now the number plate spacing is mandatory not statutory .
So fines are a grey area unless the law gets changed .
Statute is the law . Mandatory is in effect (we rather you did).
So if I was to be stopped by police I would just say you clearly have time on your hands today .
If I received a fine would defiantly challenge it .I'm not a rebel but this is just another peck at our freedom

I strongly suggest you stop quoting from Facebook. They evidently do not know the definition of ‘MANDATORY.. Look it up. You may then chose to post an apology for misleading people, and remember exactly what it means. Please stop misleading people in any shape or form on here Thank you.’

Robson Rover Repair 11th June 2021 22:17

Bottom line, there's a standard for the reason. If people where using illegal tyres or brakes by choice then it would be a hung court.

This is a by product of Brexit, with EU having to come of number plates etc now, so they are using this as the excuse to standardise and nationally fine illegal number plates.

I don't see the problem. But then, I also don't deliberately flout a law that is an easy fine. In NI its the easiest way to get your car lifted. Especially if your at a car event, show or meet.

Dragrad 12th June 2021 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobby (Post 2885604)
Apparently Gloucestershire and Warwickshire police have been trialling new ANPR tech which is now being rolled out across the country. One new capability is to identify illegal number plates and issue immediate fines of £100 to the registered owner. My local TVP bobby tells me that from September 2021 number plates with illegal letter/number spacing and fonts are going to be targeted more and more and even raised lettering will be banned. He also said that non compliant backgrounds and symbols on the plate are also able to be detected with the new camera systems. So far I know of 3 people that have been caught by this system locally already. Sounds like a great money maker doesn't it

OK so they are going to use enhanced ANPR systems. Illegal number plates have always been an issue legally.... The rules are laid out in law, and always have been. I have always hated Italic number plate fonts on a personal basis..... :}

MissMoppet 12th June 2021 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair (Post 2885860)
I know mine do, and it was emphasised on my classic policy when I renewed also due to the legislation changing after Brexit.

Our much loved DVLA decides number plates, leaving the EU encouraged our Wise Men to ban . . . the EU flag appearing on new plates. See https://www.bnma.org/news/30nov20-an...ted-01jan21/re

Mike Noc 12th June 2021 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2886050)
Our much loved DVLA decides number plates, leaving the EU encouraged our Wise Men to ban . . . the EU flag appearing on new plates.

As they should - we have left the EU. You are free to carry on using your current plates with the flag on them if you want.

hinged_bap 12th June 2021 12:42

is there a link detailing this initiative please. I've searched but I can't find it.

dattrike 12th June 2021 14:21

See here

https://www.carreg.co.uk/carreg-news...plates-banned/

Discofan 12th June 2021 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dattrike (Post 2886097)

I have used 'metro' font plates for many years with a black border around them. It's a marginally bolder or broader font than standard . Never had an issue or query about them but not mis spaced trying to spell something they are not. I'll take my chances.