The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   xenon light retrofit and alloy perks. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=269192)

simondhopkins 19th June 2017 07:23

xenon light retrofit and alloy perks.

Hi, if this has been asked before I apologise.

I have just been offered some xenon lights for my 75, from a local whos breaking a tourer and don't need them for his zt-t, don't think he's a member on here yet so will get him signed up, but as I understand it, they need to have the self leveling system installed aswell.

I have looked into how these work, with a sensor on offside front and rear (hopefully he's got these too), and wondering as my one don't have that function on, how easy is it to retrofit?

I'm already picking up the front fogs and switchpack tomorrow (tuesday 19th) that are in great condition, and will enable it with toaf, but unless there wiring is there for the sensors, maybe terminated further up in the engine bay, is it feasible to do?

And finaly, its got some lovely 17" alloys, but how do they affect the ride compared to the 15" ones I have on mine, I like a spirited drive, but also like comfort too, would 16" ones be a better compromise?

Sprinter 19th June 2017 07:41

Hi Simon, sorry I can't help with the levelling lamps (sure someone will be along shortly) but I changed my 17" serpents for 16" unions as I needed the extra comfort and it was noticeable.

Going from 15" to 17" will definately be a different comfort level but it will feel more planted.

Good luck with your upgrades.

sewerman 19th June 2017 09:04

If your getting the fogs get the wiring loom and relay from the underbonet fuse holder (its black about 1cm square) too . It's all plug and play no setting up needed if you only change the switch front on the lcm, it's easy to do so you so, don't need to risk Toaf swapping the lcm data over

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Animesis 19th June 2017 09:28

I don't think you need the levelling, just if its there it needs to work
I've had two mot's done after retrofitting Xenons and they said nothing about the manual levelling Xenons

Ched 19th June 2017 11:05

If the front fog lights are from a zt they are a different shape and more than likely wont fit.
You can retro fit xenons as a stand alone lamp without the washers etc.

Avulon 19th June 2017 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animesis (Post 2507861)
I don't think you need the levelling, just if its there it needs to work
I've had two mot's done after retrofitting Xenons and they said nothing about the manual levelling Xenons

without the auto levelling you do need the internal manual level control (to 'go by the book' as it were). Normally this isn't present on an LSM from a car with Xenons (because it has the autolevel sensors). So, because you need a fog light switch and manual level control you'll need an LSM from a non Xenon with fogs car. If using a complete LSM it may need to be coded to the car.

Not 100% sure if it is possible, but you may be able to swap the front with switches and controls from one LSM to your existing LSM. MarinaBrian or Phil-T4 would know for sure.

Avulon 19th June 2017 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ched (Post 2507901)
If the front fog lights are from a zt they are a different shape and more than likely wont fit.
You can retro fit xenons as a stand alone lamp without the washers etc.

:wot: the 75 and zt fogs are usually different shapes.

T-Cut 19th June 2017 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2507937)
Not 100% sure if it is possible, but you may be able to swap the front with switches and controls from one LSM to your existing LSM.

Correct. A lamp and fogs swap only requires the appropriate front switch/bezel unit. The existing LSM electronics shouldn't be removed.

TC

Avulon 19th June 2017 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Cut (Post 2507947)
Correct. A lamp and fogs swap only requires the appropriate front switch/bezel unit. The existing LSM electronics shouldn't be removed.

TC

That does make it much easier when changing the lighting config. Glad I remembered correctly :D

simondhopkins 19th June 2017 21:09

Thanks for the replies, forgot to say its a 75 mk1 tourer he's breaking, as he's using bits to sort his zt-t on it.

I would be able to code the lsm anyway so thats not a problem, but thanks for the info on the loom and relay.