The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sound proofing (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=236628)

macafee2 2nd February 2016 17:25

Sound proofing

Sound proofing on our cars must be quite good. From inside the car I thought I only had one horn, in fact having had the bumper off I have two and both work. One is high tone and the other low tone

macafee2

jonathan63 2nd February 2016 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2210146)
Sound proofing on our cars must be quite good. From inside the car I thought I only had one horn, in fact having had the bumper off I have two and both work. One is high tone and the other low tone

macafee2

maybe you only have high tone hearing:shrug:
Or your low tone ears are being muffled by your socks.:D

macafee2 2nd February 2016 17:44

lol. standing outside the car the horns are loud but inside a bit meek

macafee2

jonathan63 2nd February 2016 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2210181)
lol. standing outside the car the horns are loud but inside a bit meek

macafee2

Don't worry.....that only matters if you're pipping another 75 owner......and we wouldn't want to do that would we.

Saga Lout 2nd February 2016 18:12

Good Horns.

On Sunday I was out in the 75, I saw what looked like a young girl carrying a bag of bits and bobs, as she was walking a card fell out. It doesn't take Einstein to spot the shape of a greetings card in a Red envelope. As I was very close I hit the horns, the poor girl jumped. I looked in the mirror and she'd turned around and seen the dropped card, I'm sure I gave her a fright but she got back her card, It may have been hers and filled with money or a gift. The 75 Horns saved me having to stop, they are a great sound.

thundercat 2nd February 2016 20:13

Our cars are quiet, hmm, apparently my son reckons the engine is loud in my CDTI. The problem for me is I wear a hearing aid, this really does amplify sounds inside the cabin so I don't know if what he says is correct or not

klarzy 2nd February 2016 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercat (Post 2210341)
Our cars are quiet, hmm, apparently my son reckons the engine is loud in my CDTI. The problem for me is I wear a hearing aid, this really does amplify sounds inside the cabin so I don't know if what he says is correct or not

my 01 PPD 75 CDT is MUCH quieter than my 04 CDTI ZT...

Tyres aside the soundproofing is greatly reduced...

macafee2 2nd February 2016 20:38

I have a 56 plate cdt and I reckon the engine is quiet....at least from inside the car
macafee2

arnosvale65 3rd February 2016 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by klarzy.com (Post 2210344)
my 01 PPD 75 CDT is MUCH quieter than my 04 CDTI ZT...

Tyres aside the soundproofing is greatly reduced...

I agree with that Klarzy. My 04 CDti facelift is very noisy compared to the 01 CDT I had before.

EastPete 3rd February 2016 08:13

I have bought a soundproofing kit, and some extra Dodomat 6mm sheets to soundproof my 2005-build CDTi - I agree that the late cars are much less refined than the early PPD cars.

I'll try to put some feedback on the forum, once I can find time to fit the kit.

Pete