The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fbh,,retro fit, (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301152)

cozzyvan 29th November 2019 10:50

Fbh,,retro fit,

Hi does any one know if there is any one that will supply and fit a FBH,, set up to my car,,
not long got another mgzt cdti but this one doesn't have FBH fitted,, would relay like one fittedto it
i am in Birmingham,, thanks,,:shrug:

macafee2 29th November 2019 11:21

try a pm to devilish for supply. Not sure how close he is to you for fitting or if he does this servicd

fwiw this is a fairly simple diy job to fit. If you would like to have a go and would like advice, ask away and advice will be forth coming

mcafee2

sewerman 29th November 2019 12:07

Hi Devilsh and trebor will definitely be able to supply and fit a working FBH they can also fit remote activation via a fob or text.

Their based just off the A5 in cannock so not far away.

Remote was most useful this morning cleared the ice in 20mins while i had my cuppa and got into a nice warm car 🙂

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bl52krz 29th November 2019 20:27

Another one for above. Trebor And Devilish fitted my And my friends diesels with a switch to start the fbh up when cold. Been very effective the last few days. They will, as above by Sewerman, fit you a activation in it by fob.

cozzyvan 29th November 2019 21:35

thanks Guys,,
message sent,, you will let you guys know how i get on,, :D

GBCB1986 2nd December 2019 21:34

Hi, do all our diesel car have the wiring etc fitted just without the actual heater, fuel pump?

Is it a case of plug and play for the basic fbh?

Graham

sewerman 3rd December 2019 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBCB1986 (Post 2779457)
Hi, do all our diesel car have the wiring etc fitted just without the actual heater, fuel pump?

Graham

Hi Graham

Yes the wiring is there on all diesel's, plenty of threads on here about retro fitting .

Main thing is to find a good working pump and FBH or contact develish or trebor on here . Well worth a fob or gsm remote too so its cosy on these cold winter mornings.

Scott

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

macafee2 3rd December 2019 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBCB1986 (Post 2779457)

Graham

The wiring for the dozing pump is under a black plate which is under the rear seat on the off side. You need to thread the plug down to the underside of the car. There are a further two plugs in the engine bay tucked down the side next to the nearside wing. One of the plugs is often found in a small plastic bag.
If you look under the car a foot or two in front of the offside rear wheel you should find the fuel pipe with a "blanking spacer" in-between. The "blanking" part is removed and the fuel pipes fitted to the pump. There is one part of the bracket for holding the dozing pump in place holding the blanking part but these do often rust away so don't be surprised if it is not in very good condition.

Once all fitted it may be just a case of fitting fuse 8 in the engine bay fuse box but this may depend on the year of your car I'm not sure.

To help get fuel to the engine bay flash 12v on and off to the pump and at the same time suck on the end of the fuel pipe in the engine bay.... you will need a second person for this

macafee2

bl52krz 3rd December 2019 18:39

I’ll do the flashing, you can do the sucking. Pervert.:laugh::snowball1::icon_rolleyes::xmas-smiley-008:

trikey 4th December 2019 19:49

Fit the timer, its a godsend!!