The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pete & Dud, before PC (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293733)

suzublu 8th March 2019 19:47

Pete & Dud, before PC

Would they get away with this these days:cool:

coolcat 8th March 2019 20:12

I cherish my Derek and Clive LP's :D

MissMoppet 8th March 2019 20:39

Saw Dudley Moore playing jazz piano at Dagenham school just before he became really famous, round about 1959. I think we were sitting next to his parents for he kept looking through the piano lid at them. That was his first love, and of course he was a genius at that.

ratchet 9th March 2019 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2717630)

Complete and utter filth..........but funny as hell :D

Darcydog 9th March 2019 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 2717697)
Complete and utter filth..........but funny as hell :D

My parents liked them. I remember my brother borrowed the LP with the Horse Racing track on it and him not knowing what was on it it - he played it one Sunday morning on the Decca gramophone unit that was our Mum and Dads pride and joy.

My parents were not so keen on Pete and Dud after that.

Vossy 9th March 2019 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2717630)

Funny as F, they were so drunk as well and they even said it ... always a go to if I am in need of a good laugh.

coolcat 9th March 2019 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2717720)
My parents liked them. I remember my brother borrowed the LP with the Horse Racing track on it and him not knowing what was on it it - he played it one Sunday morning on the Decca gramophone unit that was our Mum and Dads pride and joy.

And now it’s back to topless darts at Roehampton:D

Dorset Bob 9th March 2019 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2717720)

I will buy you a pint if you can get all of the names, of those horses, through the swear filter. :D

wraymond 10th March 2019 13:52

I remember Dudley Moore playing piano Sunday lunchtimes at The Fiddlers Arms in Dagenham. A relatively local boy, he was a hero even then. Never any trouble either, not with the likes of Billy Walker on the door. Those were the days. These days public language of the most innocuous sort is sacrilege punishable by twittering masses @ #metoo.

Edit: Faulty memory, it was the Merry Fiddlers.

gadget1960 10th March 2019 19:34

Brilliant .... how on earth did they ever get away with it?
As soon as I heard them I had to go out and buy... 'Derek 'n' Clive Live, and Derek 'n' Clive come again. I think I was about 15 or 16 at the time!

'The worst job you ever had' was just the best 'track'.