The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Under-sealing (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300779)

YorksMG2013 13th November 2019 07:47

Under-sealing

Morning All

Can anyone recommend a company in Leeds/York area who are good for under-sealing?

Many thanks

Andrew

marinabrian 13th November 2019 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorksMG2013 (Post 2775372)
Morning All

Can anyone recommend a company in Leeds/York area who are good for under-sealing?

Many thanks

Andrew

It's far too late to do it this year, and will cause more harm than good.

I'm sure Dawn used a company who made a nice job though ;)

Brian :D

trikey 13th November 2019 10:21

Send Martin (Yorkshire goc) a pm, there is a local garage in Hull that did his ztt, they did a great job at a very good price.

YorksMG2013 13th November 2019 12:32

Under-sealing

Hi Andy, yes I'd used them earlier in the year to do my Maestro (and a good job they did).
Only thing is that getting to them for me is a bit of a trek by trains (and would require me taking time off work), so hoped for somewhere nearer

Andrew

Yorkshire GOC 13th November 2019 18:51

Jagutech Hessle - in this weather they keep it for 4 days - 2/3 days on ramps with heaters to dry the underside out then the underseal - price has gone up but not much.

marinabrian 13th November 2019 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2775496)
Jagutech Hessle - in this weather they keep it for 4 days - 2/3 days on ramps with heaters to dry the underside out then the underseal - price has gone up but not much.

So the road salt???

Wrong time of year to do this job.......period.

Russp 13th November 2019 22:38

I've just had mine done, due to illness couldn't get it done myself but needed it doing before another winter attack on rear suspension
My garage dried it cleared surface rust primed then used wax oil underseal and is now sitting in heated garage so can't see a problem. We have not had any road salt at all yet so surely is better than waiting until spring?

Dawn 14th November 2019 05:57

I had mine done with the more unconventional Krown rustrproofing in Birmingham. I shall report back after winter but so far so good. It wont last as long as waxoyl but leaves the underside visible which I like. Its also very easy to apply yourself for the top ups without mess and is enviromentally friendly.

Time will tell!

Yorkshire GOC 14th November 2019 18:51

Wont be driving it on any road salt :}

marinabrian 14th November 2019 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2775747)
Wont be driving it on any road salt :}

I understand you have already had your car done, however the problem being Martin, how would Andrew get his car to be treated without driving it on salted roads?

If the temperature has dropped below 6 degrees C, anywhere in the local area, the roads will have been treated with road salt.

The time to apply rust treatment is in the warm summer months, not in winter.

Why does it matter so much?, because by trapping salty water in panel seams with cavity waxes, or underseal will result in hugely accelerated corrosion, and will be almost impossible to rectify.

Brian :D