The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No speedo - help please! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318012)

Odd Job 27th February 2022 15:50

No speedo - help please!

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of help with my ZT please. MK II 2.0 Diesel

My car sits all week at work. It just gets used at the weekends.
On friday when I fired the car up, it sounded a little lazy turning the car over.
So I used works battery tester and it read "Good battery - recharge"
The battery is only 3 months or so old.

So after traveling home on Friday, I removed the battery. Charged it up over night and refitted it on the Saturday morning.

I came to go out in it today ( Sunday ) and found that now my speedo doesn't work, my handbrake warning light is on all the time and non of my electric windows work. My doors don't auto lock when I drive off either. My display that tells me MPG / Trip / Average speed etc is also inoperative.

I've checked every fuse I can find. Both in the engine bay and in the passenger footwell fuse box. All fuses are fine.

The ECU is dry. I regularly check the drains.

I have removed the battery several times in the time I have had the car and never had a problem. I'm at a complete loss.

If anyone has an ideas what I could try please?

Many thanks

Richard

Yorkshire GOC 27th February 2022 16:20

Check your ECU -located in the passenger side plenum chamber - to see if any water ingress in view of the range of issues you have. Diesel ECU's are prone to water damage as they are unsealed.

If it was just a non working Speedo and hand brake light on continually i would suspect an ABS fault - either the ABS sensors or the ABS ECU - normally a sensor/wiring fault throws a warning light but have known them not to. It seems to be the front sensor or its wiring that cause issues and its located front nearside wheel.

Odd Job 27th February 2022 17:06

Thanks Yorkshire GOC,

ECU is dry. The plenum gets checked regularly.
I'm really thinking it is an ECU fault though, as the list of items are a bit random.

No Speedo.
Electric windows inoperative.
Handbrake light on constantly.
IPK screen inoperative.
Self locking when you drive off inoperative.

All other items work ( at the moment )

Yorkshire GOC 27th February 2022 17:16

If you think it is the ECU drop Big Russ a PM to see what he thinks - he is a T4/ECU wizard - based at Liversedge - he also carries multiple diesel ECU's which if required he can programme to your car. ;)

trikey 27th February 2022 18:04

You have water somewhere, do you have a sunroof or highline sat nav fitted?

Odd Job 27th February 2022 18:09

Hi trikey.

No sunroof. No high line fitted.

Where do I look for water ingress?

Odd Job 27th February 2022 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC (Post 2922307)
If you think it is the ECU drop Big Russ a PM to see what he thinks - he is a T4/ECU wizard - based at Liversedge - he also carries multiple diesel ECU's which if required he can programme to your car. ;)

How far is that from Derby?

trikey 27th February 2022 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2922324)
How far is that from Derby?

An hour and a halfs drive.

Odd Job 28th February 2022 05:59

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I cant find Big Russ on the user list to send him a message.

Can anyone help put me in touch with him please ?

another_clean_sheet 28th February 2022 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2922378)
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I cant find Big Russ on the user list to send him a message.

Can anyone help put me in touch with him please ?

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=1792